“a well planned and executed two day wine tasting experience”

Tasting Mendoza Tour
Ranked #25 of 169 Tours in Province of Mendoza
london
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“a well planned and executed two day wine tasting experience”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

four of us set off on a two day tasting experience. Mendoza is a desert region, so lacks the beauty of other parts of the world.
Dolores planned a mixed trip ranging from the very smallest to some substantial wineries. the choice was excellent, giving us a broad view of the region and its wines and producers. soem of the people we met were so knowledgable that this become a true learning experience for us as wine enthusiasts, rather than experts.
The driver, Emilio, had everything in hand, was curteous, knowledgable about wines and drove with great sensitivity.
Lunches were excellent at Melipal and at La Tupina, the first stylish beyond words and the second rustic and unique. Well done Dolores and muchas gracias.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank tomnNW4

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tasting Mendoza made our trip UNFORGETTABLE!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Just returned from my first visit to Mendoza. My friend and I booked this trip as a sort of “bachelorette send-off” for me. We have both always wanted to visit Mendoza, especially because of their reputation for great food, wine, and people.

Well, Mendoza is fabulous on all three counts, but we never would have gotten to experience all of it without Dolores from Tasting Mendoza, and one of her awesome drivers, Emilio. Working with Dolores was a total breeze- she is super responsive to e-mails, is happy to answer questions, she is friendly, and she even advised us on what types of clothing to pack for tours and for nightlife! She is wonderful and knows many of the good places in the city for shopping. She is very high-energy and will put everything she’s got into making your tours perfect. (There was only one winery that we visited that I considered a misstep, but I think she sent us there because of their architecture and their unique aroma room- that was definitely interesting, but the wine was not very good, and the tasting was very small- maybe not even enough to properly assess the wines). I would hardly consider this her fault. Everything she planned went off without a hitch- she gave us a great experience we will never forget.

And if you do book with Dolores, ask for Emilio as your driver- he is the sweetest, nicest guy, always on time, his car was always spotless, and he even asked what type of music we listen to back home. The next day, he had that music in the car! When we told him we would like to hear what he listens to, he had that the very next day! He truly cares about his city and about the people he drives - he is a wealth of information about many topics- legends, the landscape, the wines, and the people who make them. Our tours were so much more special because we learned so much from Emilio. I think he got a real kick out of us two crazy New York girls!

If we are ever fortunate enough to be able to go back, I would DEFINITELY work with Dolores again- and I would request Emilio as our guide! THANKS SO MUCH DOLORES AND EMILIO!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank A S
Winchester, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tasting Mendoza delivered again!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Just returned to Mendoza for my second trip. Once again, used Delores with Tasting Mendoza for airport transfers and winery tours. The whole process was a breeze. I highly recommend this agency. Delores listened to our wishes and set things up perfectly. I would not return again without using Tasting Mendoza. They offer much more than wine tours as well!

Visited April 2012
Ny
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“DIY Mendoza wine tour”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Did a DIY tour several years ago, and decided to visit Achaval- Ferrer, Bressia, Luca, and Escorihuela-Gascon (the latter to eat at Francis Mallman's 1884 for lunch, where he was manning the huge grill). We booked a driver (Pedro Queroga (sp?) thru The Vines of Mendoza. He was very knowledgeable, and had a big new car. I forget the cost (?$100), but he was worth it. Told him where we wanted to go, and in what order. These vineyards were great choices. The best Malbec, to our surprise, was the Luca ($70), followed by Bressia's Conjuro. Achaval- Ferrer's Finca Altamira was excellent, but not at twice the price, and the Gascon was quite serviceable at $10.
If you're experienced, you may not need the high end tasting at Vines of Mendoza, which didn't include these vineyards, and wasn't as good quality as some of these wines, but is worthwhile for a novice.
Mendoza is much closer to Stellenbosch quality than Pomerol/ St. Emilion, but worth the visit.
Argentina's a great country to visit. Try to find time for Iguazu Falls, Bariloche, Perito Moreno glacier, and maybe even Ushuaia, for a Beagle dark beer. The tango palaces of BsAs are fun, and after a steak at Las Lilas, you should try the molecular Vineria de Gualtiero Bolivar. My only disappointment was that the Teatro Colon, after a 10 year renovation, wasn't that impressive.

Visited November 2011
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun outdoor experience in Mendoza”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We used Tasting Mendoza for a fun outdoors day. The driver was prompt and had a nice, comfortable car, and had great English. He took us out to Potrerillos for horseback riding and zip lining. Upon arrival, he walked up the street and bought us amazing tortas to share for breakfast and mate to share. The ride was a trail ride through the high mountain desert. I wish we had brought mosquito repellant as we got eaten alive, but other than that, the trip was great. The zip lining was fantastic. We went across 6 cables, including one that I think was 350 meters across the river. Such fun! Our kids, 8 and 9, got to participate with a guide's help and they loved it.

All in all, a great day and great tour. Dolores arranged a great day we'd highly recommend.

1 Thank KerrySF