“Extremely Disappointing!!!”

Los Pinos
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was less than one quarter full when I was rudely turned back by the waitresses, claiming that they were fully booked (I believe, from my small understanding of Spanish, after listening to their conversation, that it was because I only speak English).
I continued happily on my way and had a delightful meal, with outstanding service, at Alter Zeppelin down the road.
On my way back I popped in to see them, and amazingly the restaurant was still only half full!
My advice? Don't bother! There are plenty of other lovely places to eat, with staff who genuinely want to make sure that you have a good experience.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed January 2, 2018

I tried the "promotional" lunch. Had a grilled chicken and french fries. The food was average and so was the service, but the price was OK..

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed July 2, 2016

I love this restaurant, the food is great, the beer is cold and the atmosphere is wonderful. Good German food at affordable prices. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. I would recommend this place to all.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed May 9, 2015

Los Pinos is a restaurant in one of the side streets of Santa Rosa, close to other good restaurants. At times you can park right in front. They do parrillas and pastas. There is a large room at the back which they use for wedding , conferences and other functions. I have been there when the big room was used and the service in the front of the restaurant was good.
I had good steaks and pasta.
I definitely recommend it.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed April 17, 2015 via mobile

We live in Germany and were interested in comparing how the food tastes in this 'German' little town.
As we walked past the restaurant we got tempted by the amount of people and the waitresses serving in Bavarian dirndl dresses. Well, we should have known better if we would have read the TripAdvisor reviews before dining.
I had 'Kassler Rippen with Sauerkraut, German potato salad and apple puree'.
The Kassler were chewy and completely overcooked and certainly not prepared in the Sauerkraut.
My partner had the goulash which was tasty, however the Spätzle were a far cry from the ones we get at home.
We had a pitcher of 'red beer' that tasted watery.
Our bottom line: Skip this place when in Villa Gral. Belgrano.

1  Thank Gerald W