“Relaxing ride”
Review of Pot A Gold Stables - CLOSED

Pot A Gold Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Chauncey Ranch & Creekside Lodge In Prescott Arizona offers short and long rides on a 4500+ acre ranch. Our ranches offer a truly unique experience that offers l00's of miles of trails, locations, picnic destinations and spectacular views for miles.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We found the service to be excellent. I was not well the morning of our ride, pretty annoyed considering we had come as far a Sydney Australia. The team were able and happy to accommodate moving our ride to the afternoon. Gabe was waiting for us patiently when we got a bit lost and even checked in on us on the way there . Well done Gabe for answering the 50000 questions my 10yr old daughter asked him back to back. He was so patient and was happy to listen to her and answer her many questions. Thanks for a pleasant experience from the Cassidy's from down under

1  Thank Ramona C
There are newer reviews for Pot A Gold Stables

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Well worthwhile experience! We had a Groupon, but it would have been worth the full price. Unexpected weather (sleet & high winds in late April) delayed our horseback ride by 1 week, but the drive back to the stable from Phoenix was definitely worth it for the perfect day we enjoyed horseback riding in early May.

When we arrived at the stable area 30 minutes early as advised, our 2 wranglers were in an adjacent pen with a mare who had just gone into labor. What an unbelievable experience watching a colt brought into the world! Definitely an awesome "freebie" to our horseback experience.

We enjoyed our relaxing 2-hour ride with about 8 other riders and 2 wranglers. Gorgeous, expansive views over the Arizona high desert, complete with prickly pear cacti in bloom & scurrying lizards. Our wranglers told us that wildlife frequently seen on the ride include rattlesnakes, javelina, mule deer, coyote, cougar, & bobcat. We didn't see any of those animals, but it was getting to be the "heat of the day."

The wranglers are good to assist those who are less experienced on horses (like my husband & I). I strapped my camera around my neck with a lanyard so I could still take pictures without the worry of dropping it. Closed toed shoes & jeans are a must, as you're going thru brushy areas at various points on your ride. A fanny pack is a good idea if you wish to keep any personal items on you. Otherwise, lock it up in your car. Also, use the restroom & have a last minute sip of water before the ride. We used the rest stop on I-17 not far south of the Hwy 69 intersection as you're going north from Phoenix.

After our ride, we enjoyed a late lunch in Prescott on "Whiskey Row." Made for a perfect day!

NOTE: Our only complaint is that the directions to the stable which are posted on their website are not entirely accurate. We'd advise to call & confirm directions, as we got a bit turned around getting to the stable. Otherwise, the rest of the tour was so wonderful that we're not "dinging" their rating for that.

1  Thank Taryn O
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I are both beginning riders and we had signed up for a 2 hour ride on 10/30. We were called to make sure we could find the ranch and when we arrived, we found out we were the only two riders for the specific time. Gabe was there and took us on a private tour of the ranch and made sure we were safe and gave us great views. He explained not only about the area, but also about the hours we were riding. He was a wonderful teacher and made us both feel comfortable with the ride. Thank you, Gabe, for treating us so special and thank you, Jim, for making sure we were well taken care of. We would definitely recommend your services to anyone! Tom and Marg

2  Thank SDlakelovers
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a great 2 hr ride on Nov 1st with our guide "Gabe". Expect wide open vistas on this scenic high country ride near Mayer, AZ.

1  Thank Alan T
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My sister and I were visiting family in Arizona and wanted to ride while we were there. We were only there for a few days so we called some local stables who were unable to help us out as you needed to make reservations three days in advance. This was a problem for us as we were flying back home the next night. But when we called Pot o Gold, Gabe, agreed to take us out the next day!! Because of Gabe, we were able to take an awesome trail ride before our trip was over. Gabe was very friendly, patient and knowledgeable. If I was ever in that area again, I would definitely go back to Pot o Gold Stables. Thank you Gabe!!

1  Thank Krissy K