“good for a brief stay”

Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Cordoba
buenos aires
“good for a brief stay”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent one night at the hotel. The staff is very kind and helpful. The breakfast is very good. The room was ok though very dark. It is okay for a very brief stay. You wouldn´t spend much time at the room but the lobby is ok if you need to be there working during the day

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel looks nice and is centrally located. All employees are helpful and friendly and so I can't complain about that. I came to Cordoba for work, and having to be up very early in the morning, I was hoping for a quiet place to sleep. I arrived on Saturday morning and stayed at the standard room. The room is small, with a small desk, the bathroom is also smakl and its door handle was broken showing lack of maintenance. The overall cleanliness of the room was ok. My first surprise was that there was no iron or hair drier in the room. They told me at the front desk that do not allow the use of irons in the rooms for safety reasons... not good if you have a suitcase full of wrinkled clothes.. and every time I wanted a hair drier I had to request it to the front desk (although I think they got tired if me asking every day, and they left one in my room).
As an atheist, I didn't like having my room filled with evangelical literature.
My second surprise started about midnight on Saturday... what is all that noise that comes through the paper thin walls? Oh! Someone forgot to mention that the hotel it is conviniently located in front of a Disco!! This is not good if have to wake up early to work, as in Argentina, Discos open at midnight until 4 am.. and then people stay right outside the hotel. If you want to go to the disco, on the other hand, I can tell you that Fridays and Saturdays seem to be very popular ... I found my room door unlocked one day, I guess it was not closed by the daily maintenance. I had nothing missing from the room. Breakfasts are good... nothing fancy... coffee, pastries,bread, ham and cheese, juices...

Being priced at more than $100 a night, and being a 4 stars hotel, I was expecting a much better experience.

• Stayed October 2012
Brockham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We gratefully checked into La Canada at 9.30am after having left our initial hotel in Cordoba after only one night! We were able to access our room immediately. It was very comfortable and clean with all the facilities required. The pool was functioning when we were there and was a very welcome feature on hot January days. Breakfast is extensive with yoghurts, fresh fruit, cheese, ham, various different breads and pastries, and cakes. The hotel overlooks La Canada canal and the area feels quite tranquil yet is only a few minutes walk from the downtown area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2011

If you pay in cash, they offer you a 10% discount. It's a fair price for this four star hotel very close to downtown Cordoba. Very good breakfast included, with a nice cafe for lunch and dinner. They have free parking in the hotel or close by if this is full. We stayed four nights last September 2011 and we enjoyed the good service and safety of the place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Montgomery, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Unfortunately we had a rather similar experience to Pabloriocuarto. We had booked this Hotel for 2 nights to relax with a swimming pool after travelling for several weeks. We were surprised that the room was so small, but even more surprised to find the swimming pool had no water in it. We had not unpacked or used the room so I said this was unsatisfactory and we intended to look for another hotel as they were unable to provide the service advertised. To my amazement I was told that I should have checked in advance that the swimming pool was operating, and we would have to pay for one night! After I had made it clear that I thought this was totally unreasonable, I was told very rudely that we should go immediately. As a final piece of rudeness, on our way out with our cases, we were asked if we had taken anything from the minibar! We travel a great deal but have never before been treated with such arrogance.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cymraeg4
Buenos Aires
Reviewed August 17, 2008

The hotel is a great value. The rooms are comfortable and good sized. The first floor of the hotel has many cozy places to sit and read, relax, watch TV.

Staff very helpful. Walking distance to everything you want to see in Cordoba.

• Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank GlobalTraveler14
London, England
Reviewed October 24, 2007

This hotel was booked for me by the organisers of a conference that I was attending in Cordoba. It was absolutely excellant. Very comfortable room, and good restaurant at less than normal hotel prices.
My wife damaged her leg during the journey to Argentina and was unable to walk for the week we stayed at the hotel. The staff were very helpful indeed, providing a superb level of room service from the full restaurant menu, and a wheelchair when she was able to leave the room but unable to walk more than a few steps.

The hotel is centrally situated and I thoroughly recommend it both for the level of service and quality of room and restaurant

• Liked — Helpful staff, excellant service, restaurant
  • Disliked — Not particular good views from room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DavidCl19