“Culture of Humility and Humanity”
Review of Interplaza Hotel

Interplaza Hotel
Ranked #48 of 81 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Pros:
1. Staff greets guests with a smile and genuine courtesy
2. The staff was SUPER patient with me, since I speak NO Spanish. They were helpful throughout my stay. The entire staff, from front desk staff to housekeeping personnel, went out of their way to make me feel comfortable because I was a fish out of water.
3. In-Fact, I even had one of the best taxi rides EVER with a gentleman that spoke NO English and I speak NO Spanish. We laughed at each others inability to understand the other, the entire ride. We bonded as if we'd known each other 20 years and understood each others language.
4. Traveling to a foreign country is scary enough but the people of Cordoba treated me like I was a Native Son. and I will never forget that.

Cons:
1. I don't know Spanish to have the ability to fully engage with people with such beautiful spirits.

Cordoba may not have pristine streets of gold, but what they do have is a culture of humility and humanity. If you have the ability to humble yourself for the time you spend in Cordoba, you will have a beautiful experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Interplaza Hotel

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Checkwd in late at night. Got a very dirty smelly room. Had to go back to the reception to complain abt it. After a lot of persuation got another room which they claimed was a suite but was too small for a std room also. Breakfastwas avg with nothing extraordinary. Its ok for one night stay only.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Akshay G
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is very centrally located right off the main square. Rooms are good sized and clean with good storage space. Don't leave windows open as it is on a busy street. Overall the whole hotel looks like it hasn't been renovated since it was built 12 years ago. The swimming pool area looks a bit dilapidated, lobby is old looking too. I would have guessed it's a 3 star hotel, nothing more.

Service is mixed. As with most places in Argentina, service is s l o w ! Front desk staff were ok, some way more helpful than others. We arrived too early to check in and they gave us complimentary juice, which was nice, but then they failed to deliver towels so we could wait for our room to be prepared poolside. Check out time is early (10am!) but they let us keep the room until 12 noon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pachacat
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The location is superb,just around the corner from the cathedral, town hall and lovely square, and just a few blocks from the Manzana Jesuitica. The hotel certainly is not 5 star,but not bad at all.
We had a very large room on the 7th floor (so less street noise), modern furniture, very good bed, and a nice marble bathroom. There was plenty of hanging space,but we could have done with a few more drawers or shelves for T-shirts,undies etc. The room was very clean,everything looked new, so it must have been one of the renovated ones.
The pool area also looked like it was been renovated,sparkling pool with views onto the cathedral, and an attendant with pool towels etc. The gym on the top floor was also pretty good, we found the couch or trainer (?) of Cordoba Belgrano football club exercising next to us. The sauna and steam room were also very good.
The breakfast buffet was probably the best we had in Argentina. A good selection of fresh fruit, fruit salad, and yoghurts,juices,cereals with a variety of nuts etc,cold cuts and cheeses,good choice of breads and pastries,including a different yummy dessert like treat every morning. There were also some hot dishes.The football club was also having breakfast there,why, I don't know,since they are the local club.
The staff, especially bell boys and front desk (Xavier in particular), were excellent, helpful, and
pleasant. We were expecting some deliveries while we were out, and they took care of everything.One last thing,the restrooms off the lobby were beautiful.
Overall, while not 5 star (it lacks the choice of restaurants and bars for that,and needs an update of the corridors on the guest room floors), it is certainly an excellent choice in central Cordoba.

One last

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ullabee
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pros:

This hotel has the most helpful staff! They will hook you up with good guided tours, good restaurant recommendations, and good directions. They are also super friendly.

The breakfast is also very, very lovely - lots of fresh fruit and breads to choose from.

The location is unbeatable - a couple of blocks from the main historic block.

Excellent water pressure

Cons:

Our room smelled really, really smoky and it seemed as if they attempted to cover it up with a super strong air freshener. Between the smoke and chemical smell, we were quite worried that we would not be able to sleep in the room without getting bad headaches.

Additionally, the carpet desperately needs updating - it is completely trashed out and stained and discolored. A real negative first impression as you are exiting the elevator on each of the floors.

Room Tip: It is located on a busy street, so ask for the quietest room that they have available - and several...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank flightgirl78
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good location, access to nice restaurants. The front desk and bar staff may be the most helpful, cooperative, and honest I have ever dealt with. It's an older property, and the rooms and hallways show their age, but not badly in the historic part of Cordoba. Looked like they might have been doing some renovation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bill O
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have been very pleased with my experience at this hotel. The staff has been very friendly and helpful, although they seem a bit understaffed and overworked.

My biggest complaint is that the carpet throughout is stained. The a/c in my room is adequate and keeps my room comfortable. The bathroom is big and clean. I have an excellent view of the city (10th floor, room 1012). The steak in the hotel restaurant is amazing!

As said in previous reviews, the hall lights are on sensors, but they come on within seconds of leaving the elevator, and it is a very short hallway. A good way to save electricity in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2012