“Classy feel in the City Centre”

Windsor Hotel and Tower
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The location cannot be improved upon if you want a city-centre hotel. The rooms really do look like the pictures on the website and the gym, sauna and pool (not-heated by the way, I can attest to that) on the 7th floor while a bit small are a fantastic bonus. Wi-fi throughout the hotel worked perfectly. Breakfast had a generous choice of cereals, cold-cuts etc plus a vast array of Argentinian croissant- style pastries (vigilantes, media luna dulce, media luna salada) and the offer of scrambled eggs with sausages or ham. Restaurant is supposedly one of the best in town but we didn't try it. A mind-boggling wine list at extremely reasonable prices available from the bar at any time, along with as much milk as we required for our young daughter. Melissa sorted out a top-class limo driver who took us out to Carlos Paz, and provided a guided tour for 400 pesos (u$d 95). She was also very flexible offering us a free late check-out.

Arrival was rather too fraught and very dependent on which shift was on duty. You have to ask for a barrel lock for the safe - it was not mentioned on arrival. It had been cold for a maximum of 48 hrs just before our arrival, but the day of our arrival the temperature was a warm 24 degrees c (77f?). Even so, the heating was on full-blast with no way to turn it off - our well-appointed suite was internal and even with the window's open all day it was pretty sticky with no aircon. Some of the luxury touches are a bit too much (the sink tap was discovered not to be childproof within the first 10 minutes) and there had plainly been some water damage on the 4th floor which had caused a couple of minor issues with the parquet in the bedroom and the carpets in the corridor. Minor really - but the cost was very definitely four star and somehow I just expected a bit more from all concerned.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chanch0

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Well located in te city centre, this hotel is just anotare one.....clean, neat, poor buffet breakfast, not one of those places you keep reminding

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fernando s
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. It is not opulent in terms of its lobby but it does deserve every star it is accorded. The staff were wonderful. They were kind, cheerful and very helpful. Few hotels offer the smile quotient emitted in this hotel. The bed was wonderful. We have stayed here before but I thought that the service was even better than I remembered. The breakfast room was quite nice and it had one of the better breakfasts that I had in Argentina. I highly recommend the Windsor.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JERRY690
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Windsor for 6 days!
We had the presidential suite which is huge and very comfortable,excellent breakfast and dining room. I love the view and the location.
However, the best thing of all was the fantastic caring, kind and helpful staff. They made it a great experience
Will go back

Room Tip: choose remodeled area
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ana maria w
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I'll start out by saying I am American, I always stay in 5 star hotels and had some important work I was doing. 99% of the people stay are from Argentina and from what I gather some of the things I mention are not important to them such as taking care of the visitor, being polite, and treating a visitor OK. My guess is that there is a prejudice against Americans or non Argentian people, so beware. There is an excellent hotel called Azul that does treat Americans better.

1) Rudely treated by Miriam (one of the waitresses). She came by to give me the check to sign and I asked her to leave it since I had my laptop open and was working. She stood there (for about 5 minutes in front of me) and rudely stated that since I asked her to wait (sorry, my Spanish is not perfect), she would stand there and not move. Then she came back 5 min. later with the pen again and said I had to sign. When I asked why she was being so rude, she went to her coworker and made comments about me loud enough for me to hear.

2) I was on a very important business call. The maid came in and I motioned her to leave. 5 minutes later she left. What happened if I was doing something more intimate? I looked later and she was putting the price list for the snacks. She never knocked. So I let the reception know. They came up knocking, but the point was that I was on an important call.

3) Breakfast, they wanted to charge for everything (I asked for vegetables in my eggs). After I asked them why they are so stingy they decided not to charge extra for the veggies, but I just expect that in an open buffet breakfast (as that is in all hotels).

4) The pool - is not usable.

5) Gym - has too many machines squeezed into a small area. The running machines do not work and no one is there to help.

Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jason S
Reviewed May 14, 2012

From the friendly reception on to the room and beyond we had a wonderful stay. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room was of good size and the toiletries were equivalent to those in a five star hotel. The pool is small yet cozy and warmed to perfection for a cool night. Breakfast was superb, too many choices, all of them great. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ilonayo
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a very friendly and comfortable hotel next to the main plaza. We were scheduled to stay 3 nights; however, my husband got sick and that extended our stay to 6 nights. The staff are all young and friendly. They were very helpful in dealing with getting my husband to the emergency room and had their house doctor visit him the next day. They offer a nice breakfast buffet and eggs if you wish. There is a spa, gym and swimming pool on the roof.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple