“Service-minded staff, good breakfast”
Review of NH Panorama

NH Panorama
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Cordoba
Helsinki
“Service-minded staff, good breakfast”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Booked through the NH Hotels website at the last minute and got an excellent rate. A helpful receptionist let us check-in early and since next day we had to leave at 5am, she even gave us an opportunity to have breakfast on the morning of arrival instead of the departure. Excellent customer service! The room was spacious and comfortable, a view to a park and mountains. All the receptionists were attentive and service-minded. Would be happy to stay at the NH Panorama again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FreeMind

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2010

This is a well located hotel at a very reasonable price.It is near Los Platos shopping, and a block from restaurants and bars.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandeepina
Grimstad
Reviewed January 1, 2010

This hotel had no service in mind.

- I requested a none smoking room when I did the reservation. The woman during check in sent me straight to a room full of tobacco smell. After my complaint she gave me another smoking that didnt smell so much. At that point I was just tired and accepted the room.

- The people at the reception never say Hi / Hola / Buenos Dias when you enter the hotel. They are not occupied with other stuff. Gets rather unpersonalized.

- The guys at the bar cant make a room service up to the pool. I ordered a sandwich and a water at the bar downstairs, paid the room service prices, but still had to wait for them to prepare my stuff.

- The AC in the room doesnt do its job. It is rather noicy but still the room is hot during the summer months.

The positive things is the location and that the rooms are rather clean (besides the smell of tobacco).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisWorldTraveller
USA
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Very clean, great showers, spacious rooms.
Breakfast is like a US continental breakfast and not the traditional Latin American style breakfast that ends with coffee and croissants-- there was yogurt, juice, tea, toast, lots to choose from. Walking distance from practically everything. Staff was very friendly even to our large, obnoxious group of 20 somethings.

• Stayed September 2009
Montgomery, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2009

We stopped here 2 nights. Its a typical business hotel, decent sized rooms and a small but well maintained pool on top on 15th floor. Reception didn't seem to have enough staff so you could be waiting a long time. Car parking is some distance although they will park it for you. Couple of staff on the bar really couldn't be bothered to respond to requests for information and no evening meal available saturday night but nothing to indicate in advance that there were no meals. Like other central hotels in Cordoba its expensive, it has a panorama but not much to see, and you can get much better value outside the city. But if a central hotel is essential, this seems a reasonable choice out of what's available.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Having just returned home after a tour through Argentina which included a 3 nights stay at this hotel in Cordoba I came away mixed feelings about this hotel and will try to explain.

To begin, I chose this hotel because of the location knowing the other hotel I'd considered, the Sheraton, was not as convenient to the sights in the downtown area and being within a short walking distance, a comfortable 10 minute walk, was important for me and on that account the hotel was as billed so no complaints there. The NH Panorama also overlooks a small canal so also benefits from being near some green space and isn't on one of the buesiest boulevards in town so offers a little less traffic noise as a result.

The front desk is directly inside the hotel front entrance and its location makes for a busy lobby with people checking in and out, asking questions of the staff, waiting for transportation or meeting up with co-workers or friends. If I were to redesign the lobby I would move the front desk away from the main entrance just to give the traffic flow some space to move.

The staff was always efficient and professional if not overly warm and most spoke very good English which is a plus as the majority of NH hotels guests are Spanish speaking and while there are other NH branded hotels within S. America, Europe and N. America, most are in Spain. My sense was the hotel wasn't new and you could tell in some of the public places with the wood panelling or carpet being worn or stained from heavy use. The restaurant is an nice open and airy space and the room rate included a very good buffet breakfast each morning. Just off this dining area are two PC computers in a small cubicle and you are given a code at the front desk to access the internet but when I sat down and opened a window nowhere could I find to enter the code and so just started checking my emails. I don't even know whether to call this their business center but the little cubicle didn't have a printer so had to email my airline boarding pass/E-ticket to the front desk email address and the staffer printed it out on their office printer, which seemed another less than ideal solution to a problem I'm sure somes up frequently.

The room I was in, which was 1001, was pretty basic having one king bed, an older 20 inch colour TV and smallish bathroom with a tub/shower combination. The floors were not carpeted but rather finished with hardwood and were among other interesting features that made the room one of my least favorite in my travels. Other oddities were the lack of a safety chain and peep hole in the door, no plug for either the bathroom sink or tub so showers were all I got by with, no facial tissues in the bathroom, no face cloths though I know not every hotel around the world includes these, and no bathroom fan. However despite all these missing little things someone somehow deemed it important to include a phone in the bathroom. The room had a safe in the closet though not one of the modern electronic PIN number ones but rather one that had a square heavy metal insert with a key that you fitted into the safe and had to carry around with you. Note that these little safe keys and metal inserts are only given at the front desk if requested. The room decore was also a little odd with darker striped drapes and black & white headboard & chairs and almost seemed a holdover from the mid-70's. The room, while in working order and clean, could easily use a complete makeover to bring it into modern times. The heating/cooling unit was running on cool when I was shown into the room by the bellboy and after I went out for some sightseeing came back later in the day and it felt like a freezer, so turned the unit to heat and nothing happened. Thanks to a wonderful LED alarm clock I have that shows the temperature I know the room was cold at 67 degrees farenheit and never really warmed up past 69 degrees my whole stay which was a little too cool with only light sheets and a light bedspread. And no, there weren't any extra blankets or pillows as many hotels room have in the closet.

The oddities continued while riding the elevator in that there was no little tags next to the floors to let guests know where the facilities were location on which floors. Maybe the elevators, which were small enough to only hold 4 people comfortably, were relatively new as they seemed to have been upgraded more recently than other areas of the hotel but you'd think it would not take too much to take some time & effort to label the floors.

Just for laughs while on the computer I checked the rate for the Sheraton hotel in Cordoba if for no other eason to remind myself how much I was saving and how much better located I was at the NH Panorma and to my chagrin found a USD$95 deal for the Sheraton that made it a very good value and would've tilted the decision in favor of it had such a rate been available a few months in advance when I booked my stay.

I'm fortunate enough to have travelled a fair amount and have stayed in quite a few hotel rooms and would like to think I'm fairly easygoing and forgiving of a few little things here & there however for the first time in a review here on Trip Advisor will say I disliked this hotel room and wasn't sorry to check out of it. The stay wasn't all bad and so won't go overboard and give the stay zero but don't think I'm being hypercritical either in pointing out the quirks of his hotel, which I really couldn't recommend to others heading to Cordoba unless it was such a phenomenal deal to make it worth considering. There are so many historic sights in and around Cordoba including some UNESCO World Heritage listed Jesuit missions so many resons to visit just would recommend staying elsewhere than the NH Panorma.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 5, 2008

The Panorama is a very nice hotel, its pretty central in Cordoba, stayed here for 1 night. The rooms are a decent size, good facilities.

Wireless Internet costs 10 pesos for 24 hours access. Breakfast was nice and the staff were quite helpful.

Only one problem, Cordoba is a bustling city with a lot of stuff going on. Make sure you get a Chori - Pan from the guys cooking it in the main square. My problem was we couldn't seem to find a restaurant the night we were there so we ate at the hotel. The menu looked nice but when we ordered, the food took an age to come and when it came, some of it was cold. We did not leave a tip.

Apart from that, the hotel was very nice and the only thing I would advise is not to have dinner there !

• Liked — Nice Rooms
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business