“Nice”

Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Cordoba
Torino
“Nice”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very good stay, really near to the center. The quality of the breakfast could be a little bit improved

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Silicon Valley
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel met all of our expectations. The gym was great and there's a nice pool on a rooftop level (with no umbrellas). Breakfast was very nice - yogurt, teas, coffee, jams, bread, dulce de leche, meats, cheeses and cereal - in a very nice dining area.
Staff here were very nice and super helpful.
One complaint I had was how expensive their laundry service was - we went to a laundry place down the street and paid 1/4 of what the hotel was charging.

The hotel is located within walking distance from all the sights in town.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Boobookittyfingers
Captain Cook, Hawaii
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The hotel is a very nice, modern looking hotel that appears to be very well kept. The odd-shaped room was spacious and came with a small balcony that overlooked the park across the street. There was a comfortable king-sized bed with really long and fluffy pillows. A strange thing about the pillows was that the pillowcases were open on both ends. It rather bothered us because the pillowcases fit exactly to size with no extra material allowed and could slip or slide off during the night. I don’t believe the pillows are washed after every guest leaves and the thought of sleeping on a pillow that someone else may have drooled on during the night didn’t really settle well with us. The bed is fixed every day but the sheets are not changed until you check out. Also, there was no blanket on the bed but there was one in the closet should you need it. The bathroom was small but did have a tub and shower plus a toilet and bidet. The room is not carpeted but tiled. There was a fairly roomy desk that also held the TV that had Direct TV stations so there were a few more English speaking stations available. The room has a small refrigerator, a safe, a hairdryer and also came with free wifi.

Our room came with breakfast which was located on the ground floor. Breakfast choices included sausage and eggs, cold cuts, cheeses, bread for toast, croissants, little cookies and pastries, fruit juices, cut up fresh fruit, assorted yogurts, cereals and coffee and tea. The breakfast was good and the room had a good number of tables to accommodate different size groups. One observation we would recommend to other guests (particularly on the weekends) is that since there is no one really around to monitor the food tables you need to take your food choices on the food platter as far away from the edge of the counter. Small children who accompanied their parents would look at (and touch with their fingers and hands) the different plates of cookies, cold cuts etc without their parents even noticing or caring.

The front desk staff was as helpful as they could be although most only spoke Spanish. One outstanding staff member was a lady, Carolina Herrera, who spoke English quite well and was very pleasant and helpful to us.

The location of the hotel was close to a couple of nice parks, several restaurants of various price ranges, a couple of mini-marts (similar to 7-11 stores) and various clothes and miscellaneous items shops. There is also a reasonable laundry/drycleaners that can clean and iron your clothes and have it ready for pick up the next day but you need to pick it up before 1pm.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the NH Panorama due to work. It is your basic business hotel. In terms of the location, I would say that it is probably the best feature of the hotel. The hotel is located on a very nice area of the city, just two blocks away from a small but quaint-historic shopping mall. And two blocks away from the mall you have the historic district, which is nice to walk around. There are also many eating options around this area. In terms of the actual hotel, it is nice that it has a rooftop pool, with a pretty big gym. The only downside of the pool is that it closes at 9:30pm and after a long day of working, it would have been nice to go after 10. Instead I had to go earlier and rush before it closed. In regards to the rooms they were a bit dated, but they are not bad. I had a very nice king sized bed, with a nice body pillow. The air conditioning in my room was ok, but not the best. I set it to the lowest temperature, and it still would not be very cold. I was comfortable and I was able to sleep well, but I would have liked it just a bit colder. Yes I am being picky, but just wanted to point that out. The other people I work with that also stayed there but in other rooms, told me that their air conditioning was working fine, so maybe it was just mine (room 701). I had a great view of a large plaza with a historic building. The tv was an older dated set, but it was fine, I didn't watch much tv since I had to work at an office near by. The bathrooms were simple but also dated and needed some renovations, but they had everything you need and they were clean. The whole hotel was very clean. They provided plenty of towels and toiletries. I had breakfast included and it was very good. It all depends on what you like to eat. They provide a lot of sweet options such as cookies, cakes, croissants and then your standard toasts, cereals, cold cuts, eggs, juices, coffees, and teas. I also had dinner there one night. The only reason I ate there was that it was included. The food was just ok, the first night they gave us a ceasar salad, baked chicken, french fries, a soda, and dessert. I had fruit cocktail. The second night it was a small but decent steak, a salad, a cheese and coldcuts tray (small), and flan. The food was better than average, but if I would have had to pay for it, I would have gone somewhere else. There was a small rather insignificant incident which I will mention just because. One morning during our stay, the company forgot to send us a car that they had reserved for us. We were calling our contact but could not reach him. So we decided to call the company directly. Since we didnt have the number, the front desk lady told us she would look it up on google, which she did and gave us the number. She offered me the phone on the desk (local call - the company was only less than 20 blocks away). After I finished talking on the phone she asked me my room number, since she had to charge the call to my room. I didn't complain but I thought it was really tacky for NH to charge a local call, especially when she offered her phone. I have a cell and I was going to call, but when she offered the phone I agreed. She did not inform me that we had to pay. It only cost 2 pesos, but it was the principal.

Just to summarize: I didn't pay for the hotel since the trip was covered by my employer. If I were to go to Cordoba on my own, I would stay at this hotel again. Its clean, comfortable, and the best part is that its walking distance to various activities such as shopping, sight seeing, restaurants, and cultural events. Even though the look of the rooms are bit dated, they have everything that you need during a trip. If you have any questions, let me know.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Mendoza, Argentina
Reviewed September 14, 2011

It is a very well located hotel. Great staff. Very friendly with kids. It needs a refreshment. Old TV sets, bathrooms becoming a little updated. Walking distance to the old part of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for front rooms and top floor. More light but less noise
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Madeira Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 18, 2011

When looking for a hotel to stay for 3 nights + I always look for location first, then hotel chains in a foreign city. We arrived at 8 AM from our overnight bus trip from Bs As, and the staff were extremely helpful and issued the room immediately, no waiting until noon!! The room was very large, and most importantly was incredibly quiet and nicely appointed with complementary WiFi. The next pleasant surprise was everything a tourist would wish to see was a short 5 to 15 min. walk. Some guide books imply that restaurants are a great distance from this property, that couldn't we less than true. We found several wonderful restaurants within a short walk, and one I would rate as World Class Italian !! I will be reviewing them, suffice it to give you the name, La Mamma, look for this gem 5 short blocks away. The reception staff spoke english well enough that we could communicate our needs and gave perfect directions to all local attractions. Great location, staff and room with large well lite bathroom, nice rooftop pool with sauna and decent workout equipment. What more could we want as a visitor to a wonderful vibrant and clean city such as Cordoba, where the weather was warm as well as the locals.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dimitri_fl
Central
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We booked two rooms at this hotel. Both rooms of decent size, clean, bathrooms fine, although felt hotel starting to get a bit tired. AC in one room was fine and clearly deficient in the other. Air was lukewarm and seemed simply to be recirculating air. Tried to have the second room changed only to be told the AC was fine. No hot water in the second room while the other room was fine in this regard. Not a big deal for us in Cordoba's warm summer. Definitely an issue in cooler temps. Breakfast fine. Small pool on the top floor with nice views of the city, nice spot to relax in. Would I go back? Maybe but not before checking other alternatives more closely or checking the AC and hot water.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family