“Spectacular!”
Review of Posta del Norte

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cordoba
Posta del Norte
Ranked #7 of 192 Specialty Lodging in Cordoba
Miami, Florida
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was an unforgettable experience! I usually don’t write reviews but I am willing to make an exception.
From the minute we got to the airport, we were welcomed by “El gordo” who took care of our luggage and got us quickly through customs. Leo, who is the manager of the lodge,was waiting and got us all settled with the ride from the airport to the lodge. The ride was 1 hour and 15 minutes. Not bad. Upon arrival we were welcome by Christian who had fresh cold towels for us. The atmosphere at the lodge was like family. I was concerned initially, because we were the only 2 people at the lodge. That quickly went away. We were treated royally with a staff that was catering to all of our needs. The food was excellent. And I mean excellent. We never ate the same thing twice!. After lunch we had a short siesta, and around 3:30 off hunting on the first day. Cesar along with our bird boys would have a site ready for us, with everything we needed: guns, ammo, drinks, ear protection etc. Oh did I say hunting? It was just unbelievable! The minute we got to our field and see the waves of birds coming your way, your heart start beating and you get that adrenaline rush. Ramon, my bird boy did not waste a minute and gave me my semi and off to the race..just to give you an idea, 500 shots in 1.5 hours. Ramon would load my gun so fast, that you feel like you have unlimited firepower. Spectacular!
When we were done, Facundo would drive us back to the lodge were was dinner ready for us..I cannot speak enough about the staff. Everybody was very friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel at home. Leo went with us back to the airport on the last day to make sure that there was no issue with our ticket. I should not forget Soledad who helped with the pre-trip planning. She answered my questions in a timely manner and helped us feel at ease.
Will do it again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My group and I have been to Posta twice now and we surely will be back. The lodge is excellent, the food is wonderful, both in camp and in the field, and the hunting is out of this world. Leo and his staff are wondeful and truly made us feel at home. I cannot say enough good things about Posta Del Norte.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was an absolutely unforgettable adventure!! My family and I were treated like kings at this beautiful, secluded lodge. Leo and his staff went out of their way to make sure this trip was unforgettable! The hunting, the food, the setting and the hospitality, made it feel like home. The planning for each day was exceptional! The food and wine was amazing!! And the ammenities of the lodge were wonderful! It was great to get away from "work" life and be able to 100% relax for a few days. I highly reccomend this lodge to anyone looking to combine EXTREME high volume dove hunting and relaxation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Midland, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great trip for our family group. Leo and the entire staff did a great job in meeting our every need. The Chefs and house staff were excellent. The food was well prepared and abundant.The hunting was excellent and the field staff did everything possible to assure that our needs were met. I would recommend this lodge to any small group who want to share the shooting experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Midlothian
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better trip.1st trip to Posta,4th trip to Cordoba.Simply outstanding service from the time you step off the plane until you arrive back at the airport.Leo and all the staff were most accommodating.1st Class Service!Bird boys and field outfitters were amazing.Short drive from lodge to hunting fields but yet you got to see the country side of Argentina.Be prepared to gain weight,food is magnificent,truly Argentina.Had no trouble with automatic shotguns,Rolo(best bird boy I've ever had)always had a backup with him just in case there was a problem.Had back to back 1,000 bird days.Never hunted the same place twice and there was always doves.This is a lodge that has it all together,if your thinking about a trip,I would highly recommend Posta Del Norte.I will return.To Leo and Staff,Thank You for the memories. JP

Room Tip: All are outstanding
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed October 19, 2013

this was our fourth trip to Cordoba and second to Posta. Our last trip to Posta was two years ago and Leo has done a great job building a great team and expanding the number of hunting fields available. Everything was very well organised and the food was very rustic and great. The cleaning ninjas did a great job at looking after our rooms and Christoff was great running around after us. The addition of the jacuzzi was great and the lodge was in great condition. One day i shoot over 1000 dove in just over an hour which was pretty amazing! The only area for improvement is the reliability of the auto shotguns, i had so many jams that more parts need to get down there fast!

Other than that we had an awesome time and will be back soon!

JJ

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The lodge staff was greatn the bird boy's hustled all day long and the asado was spectacular. Unfortunately, the over and under shotguns were junk. I requested an over and under months before our arrival and everyone of the guns in their inventory failed in one way or another. The case was the same for the other guests at the lodge during our stay. I actually skipped one morning hunt after becoming fed up with the dismal performance of the guns. The guides said the over and unders came from another Flyways lodge. If so, you might want to look elsewhere if you do not care for automatic shotguns!

• Stayed May 2013
David P, Owner at Posta del Norte, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Jay:

Thank you for your review. It is important that we get everything right at the lodge. Of course gun quality is a very important for our guests. I am sorry that you the poor quality of the over and unders affected your trip. I will email you privately so we compensate you for the missed hunt.

Regarding the guns, we are doing the best we can given the country we operate in. Unfortunately there is only one exclusive gun importer for Benellis and Berettas in the country and we have been begging them to bring us guns and gun parts for the last year. Apparently a big shipment is coming in before the end of the year. We will buy as many guns as we can since I know this is really important for our guests.

This is our first average review ever. Initially I was upset at the situation, but I do appreciate you being upfront with us. We read all our comments on Trip Advisor very carefully and try our best to make the trip as fun as possible for everybody. We are making the gun situation at our lodge a top priority. Thanks!

David