“Great Family Hunt”
Review of Posta del Norte

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cordoba
Posta del Norte
Ranked #6 of 202 Specialty Lodging in Cordoba
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great trip for our family group. Leo and the entire staff did a great job in meeting our every need. The Chefs and house staff were excellent. The food was well prepared and abundant.The hunting was excellent and the field staff did everything possible to assure that our needs were met. I would recommend this lodge to any small group who want to share the shooting experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better trip.1st trip to Posta,4th trip to Cordoba.Simply outstanding service from the time you step off the plane until you arrive back at the airport.Leo and all the staff were most accommodating.1st Class Service!Bird boys and field outfitters were amazing.Short drive from lodge to hunting fields but yet you got to see the country side of Argentina.Be prepared to gain weight,food is magnificent,truly Argentina.Had no trouble with automatic shotguns,Rolo(best bird boy I've ever had)always had a backup with him just in case there was a problem.Had back to back 1,000 bird days.Never hunted the same place twice and there was always doves.This is a lodge that has it all together,if your thinking about a trip,I would highly recommend Posta Del Norte.I will return.To Leo and Staff,Thank You for the memories. JP

Room Tip: All are outstanding
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2013

this was our fourth trip to Cordoba and second to Posta. Our last trip to Posta was two years ago and Leo has done a great job building a great team and expanding the number of hunting fields available. Everything was very well organised and the food was very rustic and great. The cleaning ninjas did a great job at looking after our rooms and Christoff was great running around after us. The addition of the jacuzzi was great and the lodge was in great condition. One day i shoot over 1000 dove in just over an hour which was pretty amazing! The only area for improvement is the reliability of the auto shotguns, i had so many jams that more parts need to get down there fast!

Other than that we had an awesome time and will be back soon!

JJ

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The lodge staff was greatn the bird boy's hustled all day long and the asado was spectacular. Unfortunately, the over and under shotguns were junk. I requested an over and under months before our arrival and everyone of the guns in their inventory failed in one way or another. The case was the same for the other guests at the lodge during our stay. I actually skipped one morning hunt after becoming fed up with the dismal performance of the guns. The guides said the over and unders came from another Flyways lodge. If so, you might want to look elsewhere if you do not care for automatic shotguns!

• Stayed: May 2013
David P, Owner at Posta del Norte, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Hello Jay:

Thank you for your review. It is important that we get everything right at the lodge. Of course gun quality is a very important for our guests. I am sorry that you the poor quality of the over and unders affected your trip. I will email you privately so we compensate you for the missed hunt.

Regarding the guns, we are doing the best we can given the country we operate in. Unfortunately there is only one exclusive gun importer for Benellis and Berettas in the country and we have been begging them to bring us guns and gun parts for the last year. Apparently a big shipment is coming in before the end of the year. We will buy as many guns as we can since I know this is really important for our guests.

This is our first average review ever. Initially I was upset at the situation, but I do appreciate you being upfront with us. We read all our comments on Trip Advisor very carefully and try our best to make the trip as fun as possible for everybody. We are making the gun situation at our lodge a top priority. Thanks!

David

Reviewed September 19, 2013

i can only echo the rave reviews posted by everyone else, including 2 of the other shooters there when i was in early sept. everything was done perfectly -accomodations [bathrooms all completely redone now - very nice], free same day laundry service, 5 star food and service, and the doves!!!! never saw so many birds of any kind, all day long back and forth, easy shots and hard shots - take your pick, shoot as much as you like [or your shoulder can stand!]. i could go on and on, but you have to do it to believe it! i'm planning on going again in 2015, and at posta.
i was with my non-shooting spouse, but she also had a great time with a guide arranged to tour area attractions each day, and with the evening dinner and discussions with our new friends met at posta.
soledad was very helpful with all arrangements, including for our several days in buenos aires before posta - what a great city!, and several at iguazu falls after - spectacular!
the whole trip was extraordinary - we're definitely going back to argentina, and to posta!

Room Tip: all six are the same - equally nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our first Argentinian dove hunt and it was handled professionally from start to finish. Attention to detail and an excellent customer experience. From the first contact to make arrangements to being picked up at the airport; to the fine dining; clean and outfitted rooms; to the guides and bird boys in the field; to the world class shooting; to fellow guest camaraderie; to the final bill.

Never a worry and with ample memories to last a life time...

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visited Posta del Norte with a friend earlier this month and was extremely impressed. The lodge is rustic and small but very nice. When we visited, there were only 4 other guests and I believe the lodge only accommodates about a dozen guests maximum. This is a big plus in my book, since the service was very personalized. A couple of examples: 1) on our first hunt I used an auto-loader shotgun and did pretty good with it. At dinner that night, I casually mentioned that I normally shot an over/under shotgun back home. On the next morning's hunt, a quality over/under magically appeared and was offered to me and I shot it the rest of the trip. 2) On another occasion, I mentioned a specific dove dish that is commonly served in Texas. The chef heard about this and prepared the dish the very next day! I do have to say that the food and drink were first rate at the lodge the entire visit. Last, I must mention that one of the Flyways employees, Soledad, was extremely helpful during our pre-trip planning stage. This was my first trip to Argentina and I had a lot of questions. Soledad always provided good information about what was needed for the trip and also provided very helpful information for the Buenos Aries part of our trip.