“Great dove hunting if you shoot an automatic!”
Review of Posta del Norte

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cordoba
Posta del Norte
Ranked #7 of 197 Specialty Lodging in Cordoba
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The lodge staff was greatn the bird boy's hustled all day long and the asado was spectacular. Unfortunately, the over and under shotguns were junk. I requested an over and under months before our arrival and everyone of the guns in their inventory failed in one way or another. The case was the same for the other guests at the lodge during our stay. I actually skipped one morning hunt after becoming fed up with the dismal performance of the guns. The guides said the over and unders came from another Flyways lodge. If so, you might want to look elsewhere if you do not care for automatic shotguns!

• Stayed: May 2013
David P, Owner at Posta del Norte, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Hello Jay:

Thank you for your review. It is important that we get everything right at the lodge. Of course gun quality is a very important for our guests. I am sorry that you the poor quality of the over and unders affected your trip. I will email you privately so we compensate you for the missed hunt.

Regarding the guns, we are doing the best we can given the country we operate in. Unfortunately there is only one exclusive gun importer for Benellis and Berettas in the country and we have been begging them to bring us guns and gun parts for the last year. Apparently a big shipment is coming in before the end of the year. We will buy as many guns as we can since I know this is really important for our guests.

This is our first average review ever. Initially I was upset at the situation, but I do appreciate you being upfront with us. We read all our comments on Trip Advisor very carefully and try our best to make the trip as fun as possible for everybody. We are making the gun situation at our lodge a top priority. Thanks!

David

Reviewed September 19, 2013

i can only echo the rave reviews posted by everyone else, including 2 of the other shooters there when i was in early sept. everything was done perfectly -accomodations [bathrooms all completely redone now - very nice], free same day laundry service, 5 star food and service, and the doves!!!! never saw so many birds of any kind, all day long back and forth, easy shots and hard shots - take your pick, shoot as much as you like [or your shoulder can stand!]. i could go on and on, but you have to do it to believe it! i'm planning on going again in 2015, and at posta.
i was with my non-shooting spouse, but she also had a great time with a guide arranged to tour area attractions each day, and with the evening dinner and discussions with our new friends met at posta.
soledad was very helpful with all arrangements, including for our several days in buenos aires before posta - what a great city!, and several at iguazu falls after - spectacular!
the whole trip was extraordinary - we're definitely going back to argentina, and to posta!

Room Tip: all six are the same - equally nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our first Argentinian dove hunt and it was handled professionally from start to finish. Attention to detail and an excellent customer experience. From the first contact to make arrangements to being picked up at the airport; to the fine dining; clean and outfitted rooms; to the guides and bird boys in the field; to the world class shooting; to fellow guest camaraderie; to the final bill.

Never a worry and with ample memories to last a life time...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visited Posta del Norte with a friend earlier this month and was extremely impressed. The lodge is rustic and small but very nice. When we visited, there were only 4 other guests and I believe the lodge only accommodates about a dozen guests maximum. This is a big plus in my book, since the service was very personalized. A couple of examples: 1) on our first hunt I used an auto-loader shotgun and did pretty good with it. At dinner that night, I casually mentioned that I normally shot an over/under shotgun back home. On the next morning's hunt, a quality over/under magically appeared and was offered to me and I shot it the rest of the trip. 2) On another occasion, I mentioned a specific dove dish that is commonly served in Texas. The chef heard about this and prepared the dish the very next day! I do have to say that the food and drink were first rate at the lodge the entire visit. Last, I must mention that one of the Flyways employees, Soledad, was extremely helpful during our pre-trip planning stage. This was my first trip to Argentina and I had a lot of questions. Soledad always provided good information about what was needed for the trip and also provided very helpful information for the Buenos Aries part of our trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at Posta del Norte with my son and a good friend during July 2013. This was a "bucket list" trip planned in 2012 and we had been looking forward to it with excitement for months. We were not disappointed!!!!

We arrived at this lodge after three days shooting Los Chanares, another wonderful Flyways experience. (See separate review) Posta del Norte is fantastic, the staff are wonderful and the shooting is out of this world! We had spoken to a number of other shooters who had made a trip to shoot doves in Argentina and they all said the same thing, unless you have "been there and done it, you will not believe it". They were right. I could go on and on about it but you just need to do it to understand what I'm talking about.

The meals at Posta del Norte were 5 star +++. The chef is a culinary genius. From breakfast to the BBQ in the field or dinner they are just superb. The facilities are great and this lodge caters for a smaller number of guests than Los Chanares which also adds to its character.

A special thanks to Leo who took great care of us and also to Soledad for making the booking process so simple and always had the answers to any questions we had. All the staff are impeccable ambassadors to the Flyways organisation.

We stayed at Posta del Norte for 2 days and then sadly had to head back to New Zealand. As part of the great service Leo not only drove us to the Cordoba airport he also accompanied us inside the terminal to ensure there were no problems. There was a slight issue with our tickets and fortunately with Leo at hand his was sorted very quickly. This was our first dove shooting trip so we hadn't stayed at any locations other than Los Chanares or Posta del Norte to make a comparison but I wouldn't go anywhere else now. We have re-booked again for another trip in October 2014, and can't wait!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our trip to Posta del Norte exceeded our expectations across the board - hunting, dining, lodging and service. From the moment we inquired about scheduling a hunt several months in advance of our trip through to Leo escorting us to check-in for our return flight, we were treated with kid gloves.

Each day began with a hearty, hot breakfast accompanied with coffee and fresh juice. Afterwards, we would be transported in a comfortable Mercedes van to a different field for that day's hunt (driving time varied from 15 min to 1 hr). After a few hours of shooting in the morning, Cesar Cavrera (hunting guide and field-chef extraordinaire) would have a safari style tent replete with tablecloth, silverware, cloth napkins, glassware and beverages of your choice along with a 4 course meal. There was usually a smorgasbord of several meats grilled over an open fire. After lunch, hammocks were hanging in the nearby trees for us to relax before heading back into the field for the afternoon hunt. If this alone wasn't a reason to go to Posta del Norte, then the dove shooting most certainly was. There was never more than about 15 seconds at most when a dove - or more likely, dozens of doves - were not buzzing you from multiple directions. Shooting was a continuous exercise and the bird boys were awesome. If you paused for a moment between shots, they unobtrusively topped off the magazine with shells, almost seeming like you had unlimited capacity. They were always eager to do anything to accommodate your comfort and interest.

Upon arriving back from the field, Christian would great us at the van with wet washcloths and escort us inside the lodge where he would have a unique and different hors d’oeuvre spread each day. Later, at a time of your preference, an exquisite 4 or 5 course dinner was served. The dining experience was on par, or exceeding, that of any fine 5-star restaurant in the most metropolitan city in the world. From the literal white glove service provided by Christian to the food presentation, it was first class all the way. Each evening, Juan Cruz Carballo (manager) would join us for dinner and ensure that our every need and preference was met, as well as provide interesting conversation.

The bedrooms were detached from the main lodge. Each room had a wood-burning fireplace and twin beds. At the time we were there, they had begun completely renovating all the bathrooms, one room at a time (ours was pre-remodel). This was probably the only aspect of the property that could have used improvement, and based upon their plans, this has most likely already been completed by now.

In summary, I had high expectations for our trip and Posta del Norte surpassed every one of them! I highly recommend them and plan to return for another hunt as soon as possible.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill392
Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the moment we were greeted at the airport by Juan, until we were brought back to the airport by Leo, we were treated like family. Actually, we were treated better than family!
The service at the lodge could not have been any better. Everyone was friendly and willing to do whatever it took to make our stay memorable. The rooms were spacious and impeccably clean.
The food at the lodge was out of this world. I have been to fancy restaurants in the United States as well as in Europe, but the food at Posta del Norte topped them all!
Christian was always there to fill our glasses, bring more food and prepare an after-hunt snack for us. Whenever we came back from hunting, he was waiting for us with warm towels so we could clean up. He is truly a one-of-a-kind in the field of service.
The historic Gaucho bar brought me back in time and is a must see.
The hunting was like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. We were in a different location every day and the doves were everywhere. The bird boys were on top of their game. They made sure I never ran out of shells, kept an eye out for doves and let me know if I was shooting behind or ahead of the birds. My shooting improved with the help of my bird boy, Gabrielle.
Lunch in the field was a special treat. Caesar is a master on the grill and provided us with an amazing feast. The siesta in the hammock was a great way to let the food settle before getting back to the shooting.
Conversations with both Leo and Juan were most enjoyable. They were happy to answer all questions about the people and culture of Argentina. Sitting at the table with them in the lodge was like hanging out with good friends.
The entire trip was an amazing adventure. The people, the service, the food and the hunting was the best anywhere. I can't recommend Posta del Norte enough and I cannot wait to go back.
Words cannot describe this trip...you have to experience it for yourself.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends