“Second Trip To Sierra Brava. Everything was perfect!”
Review of Sierra Brava Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cordoba
Sierra Brava Lodge
Ranked #6 of 192 Specialty Lodging in Cordoba
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Second Trip To Sierra Brava. Everything was perfect!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our same group that went last year returned this year and we brought two more friends with us. Nothing had changed whatesoever which was great. We love it just the way it is. If you have a small group and want a place that can accomodate 7 -14 people, this is the place to go. From the moment Fredericko picked us up in Cordoba, everything went great! Federicko spoke excellent English and was very helpful driving us from Cordoba to the lodge and helping us check in at the airport in Cordoba when we came back from their sister lodge, Paloma Bravo.

When you pull up to the lodge and see the staff outside to greet you, it is a very warm feeling coming back. Zeke showed us a super time as well as Topo and J.J. Zeke is the perfect man for running the lodge. He will do whatever you need to make sure you are a happy hunter. Raul is still the best cook I have ever met and can even handle people that are on special diets. Raul went all out for me and I know we all must have gained 5-10 pounds with his wonderful cooking. I would say he is a 5 star chef. He always has a grin on his face and presents the food like you would see in a very expensive restaurant.

Soledad lined up everything like the year before and coordinated everything with Brigitte, who works for Travelcorp; who takes care of all of the fights. They both did a super job lining up this trip like we knew they would. Soledad was always available to answer any question we have as we were getting closer to our departure date for Argentina. She is a real asset to Flyways.

Every staff member of the lodge gives the best service you can imagine. We love the way the lodge is situated and decorated with the long dinner table right in the middle of the lodge. They always served their great house Malbec and had whatever liquor we wanted at the bar including Legui, a sweet after dinner drink, that we liked the year before.

The hunting was incredible like it was last year. Our bird boys are so great. They work so hard to make sure that each and every one of us would have the best hunting experience of our lifetime. Sometime we had to move to get to the right spot and the bird boys were always eager to get their machetes out and make new blinds; no matter how many times it may be needed. I think the bird boys get as excited as we do; especially if we are trying to get a certain number of doves. It was actually difficult telling our bird boys good bye. We had become even closer friends our second trip. Jorge is my amigo.

The guns that they have for rent are in perfect condition thanks to Martin and Jorge. These bird boys did want us to lift a finger and were always getting more shells or whatever needed to be done with a huge smile on their face.

The rooms are fantastic. Each room has its own shower. The way the living room is decorated reminds me of a lodge in Africa. We slept great when we were in the rooms. We were pretty much on the go all of the time. My buddie and I did sleep in one morning and miss a hunt to give our shoulders a rest one morning but we both got a massage since we did not hunt. That was a great compromise!

You come back from a hunt and meet Zeke or one of the pretty women on the staff with a hot towel to wash your face. Then you put your stuff up and go sit by the fire where they have happy hour set up by the pond with delicious appetizers. It is a very tranquil setting.

I have chronic shoulder problems so got the best massages from Miriam. All of the massueses did an incredible job according to my friends and came every night to help us get through all of the effort of shooting all day. So you come back from a hunt, have a drink, get a massage or hang out by the fire and chill out until you have an incredible dinner.

I can`t imagine staying in any other place but Sierra Brava because it has everything I want: a beautiful lodge; incredible service; wonderful staff; great accomodations and unreal hunting. It doesn`t get any better than that!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. The only comment I heard was that the room closest to the bird boys wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My friend Steve and I just returned from Sierra Brava. The trip exceeded our expectations in every way. The dove hunting was steady with more birds than we could keep up with on every hunt. The food was better than any hotel or restaurant I can remember. The staff was attentive, personable and fun to be around.

Thank you Topo, Zeke, Chef Nacho, Matthew, Jose, Freddie and all the staff at Sierra Brava.

-Wayne

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Second year in a row.....My opinion is still WOW!!! The staff is excellent, the bird boys have became good hunting friends. Raul is a wonderful Chef.

If you want to have an excellent vacation with good folks and great food, then try Sierra Brava Lodge.

We will be back next year, that's for sure!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

9 kiwi hunters were hosted at Sierra Brava in September 2013. Facilitles, service, staff and food were all superb. The wing shooting has to be experienced to be believed. There is an absolutely huge population of doves in this area and we shot twice each day. Temperatures at this time of year ranged from an unseasonable 44 deg down to 21 deg. Each hunter has a local guide "bird boy" for the duration of the stay. All are great characters and add an entertaining element to the outstanding hunting. Solid footwear is a must and be prepared to shoot more than you can imagine is possible. I can thoroughly recommended this experience. Thank you to Topo and the SB team. Carl

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was our first hunting trip in Argentina , we where all from Lebanon , it was a trip to remember , everything was great ,the staff where great they make you feel you are home , the lodge , the fields , the food , I mean I tried to find any mistake , I couldn't , the price was as we calculated not a penny more .
All I want to say , Sierra brava is the best lodge to visit , I don't need to try another, it's 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Wassim_Houchaimeh
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My 6 or 7th trip to Sierra Brava and it just keeps getting better. We came in a party of seven and the food,service, bird shoot couldn't have been better. Thank you Zeke and JuanJo for everything. See you next year.
Cliff W.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My son and I were part of a group of 13 that went to Sierra Brava this month. It was the best hunting trip we have ever been on. The staff and facilities were fantastic. The attention to detail is impressive. Perhaps the best surprise was the food. We have memories for a lifetime but also hope to come back again. Pictures don't give justice to what a beautiful part of the world this is. You must see it to believe it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordoba
Dos Lunas Horse RIding Lodge
#19 of 80 in Cordoba
NH Urbano
NH Urbano
#7 of 80 in Cordoba

Been to Sierra Brava Lodge? Share your experiences!