“Overpriced and average”

Azur Real Hotel Boutique
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Rather mixed...

I was a little put off in advance as I made a booking but had to change the dates (same number of nights) and as my booking was not refundable they charged me a 15% fee to change the dates- though I know this was my mistake I thought this was not very good service as they had room and surely it was not difficult to change my dates.

The hotel is in a good location for sight seeing, very close to the main square and the cathedral. Though there are sighs to see near the hotel the area round it is rather grotty- lots or bargain shops, the square is dirty and smelly. Not a very nice area to hang out or spend time.

The hotel is nice, good communal areas like the lobby with lots of seating and the lovely roof top with sun loungers and comfy chairs.

The room was well equipped with everything you would expect. I was disappointed that there were no windows other than on the door which opened up on the main corridor that lots of guests passed- a bit claustrophobic. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were lovely. The bathroom was also good - an excellent shower, but there were very few towels. There room was also not very quiet as I could hear quite quiet sounds from outside and next door.

There was fast, complimentary wifi and breakfast was good and served until 11am which was nice.

I was quite shocked at the price of the room service and mini bar, my bill came to 475 pesos for 1 sandwich, 1 small pizza, 2 bags of nuts and a small bottle of water- very expensive especially as the quality of the room service food was not very good. But I guess most people would eat out.

The staff were friendly enough but not exceptional, I experienced my better service elsewhere in Argentina.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank UKtravellergirl
Azur_Real_Hotel, Gerente at Azur Real Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all, we wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our Hotel.
We work very hard to provide the best experience to our guests and we take seriously all their comments, as we believe they are useful to constantly improve our work.
Meanwhile, we would like to clarify that the amount of $ 475 of your bill included the fee to change your non refundable booking that we exceptionally offered you. Normally, non refundable bookings can´t be cancelled or modified.
Nevertheless, we regret to know that your expectations were not fully satisfied and if somehow in the future we could revert your experience, we will be at your entire disposal.

Sincerely, the team of Azur Real Hotel Boutique

There are newer reviews for Azur Real Hotel Boutique

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I loved, loved, loved this place.

Here is the good and the bad, plain and simple.

Good

Location. Right in the midst of everything, the location was great for seeing the city, but the hotel is also I think very unique in that most of the rooms if not all, are isolated from any street noise. It is sort of like a compound, and the room I had on the second floor was quiet nice and incredibly quiet.

Breakfast. I thought the food was good, they will make a few items on request, and the coffee and juice were just fine!

Security. The hotel felt safe, and when traveling, I always love when there is a good, simple to use lock box, make your own Al Gore joke here. Really though, it was good.

Customer service was top notch. English if you need it, and friendly staff all around.

The bad you ask? Well to tell you the truth I am not certain I can name much. I mean, the elevator entrance was under construction when I was there, so you had to walk up a lot of stairs to get to the lobby. Wasn't a problem for me, but could be for others.

All in all, a great boutique hotel that was nice for business, and could be incredible for a couple on a trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Azur_Real_Hotel, Gerente at Azur Real Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel.
It was a pleasure for us to have you as a guest and we look forward to receiving you again in the future.

Sincerely

The team of Azur Real Hotel Boutique.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Azur Real has a terrific location, just steps from the main plaza and the primary attractions (the Cathedral, the museums, the university, etc.). The rooms are very modern and trendy. The hotel also has a great rooftop area with a pool and exercise room. One thing to note is that the lobby is on the third floor of the building and the elevator is a fun (but slow) glass tube.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are not as noisy as rooms looking out on the front of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank nyr38
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We were here for the day today for a couples day spa experience. We were able to use a hotel room from 10am til 6pm, private use of spa area and a massage each for around $100US total. Perfect! Room was lovely, clean, amazing shower! Great location in Cordoba close to bus station and city centre. Highly recommend!! Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Kylie E
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed for four nights at end February. The hotel could not have been better. The bedroom was lovely, roomy and quiet. Public areas were great. Breakfast was good and dinner, one night, was wonderful. We'd have eaten there more often but, well, in a city as lively as Cordoba you want to go out. The staff were as friendly, helpful and welcoming as one could wish for; and their English was a sight better than my Espanol. The restaurants recommended were very good, and, we were allowed use of our room till the afternoon at no cost on our final day. .

Room Tip: Room 11 is great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pfgtravel
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We really enjoyed this beautifully designed hotel. Found the handsome guys at reception super helpful and efficient. Well OK there was a really great woman too! They kept our luggage after check out, gave great advice about day trips. We had come from more rustic accommodations at Esteros del Ibera and really enjoyed the luxe and design provided here.
Thought the breakfast room was really nice and enjoyed the break - great coffee. Shower was great. Our room was quiet, despite hotel location on busy street. Only slight neg was that our room had a sleeping loft. While it's a cool idea and looks hip, I wouldn't choose it again. It makes for smaller space upstairs and down - and we noticed that the sleeping loft was several degrees warmer than the lower floor and bathroom (sometimes significant in hot Cordoba). Caused us to crank a/c up higher. And of course if you get up in the middle of night to use bathroom, you've got to go down a few steps . .. . .

Room Tip: Non loft rooms probably feel bigger, cooler, and are easier to move around in . . . . .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glover
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Azur Real is located on a busy street in Cordoba. Entering from the street, you reach the reception desk by entering a glass-enclosed elevator tube. All I could think of when I entered this elevator were the words: "Beam Me Up Scotty." Big enough for one person and a piece of luggage, you slowly rise to the welcoming area which is nicely appointed with art, low (very low) couches and chairs. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Some of the rooms have interior access, while other are accessed through the lobby to an open-air gallery. The rooms appear to be comfortable at first glance, but in reality, they aren't. The sitting chairs are low and deep, making them near impossible to sit in without a pillow behind one's back. The bed is good, but the light into the room is poor. The bathroom had a step up to access it and there were no hooks on which to hang towels for drying.

We had wine in the hotel's little bar and had a caesar salad one night. Breakfast was unremarkable. The restaurant is closed so breakfast is served in meeting room. The coffee was not quite hot enough, the eggs were cold and the rest just so, so.

This is far from the best boutique hotel I have ever stayed in. Needs some work.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple