“Loved the outside seating and view of the Art Market”

La Nieta 'e La Pancha
Ranked #545 of 614 Restaurants in Cordoba
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Loved the outside seating and view of the Art Market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

We decided to grab some coffee at La Nieta after visiting the Feria Artesanal at Guemes. It was crowded with locals and there was a local band just setting up their equipment for the night. I ordered a submarino – chocolate bar submerged in hot milk, some home made bread with dulce de leche, and marmalade. After eating all that, I felt like staying for dinner as the ambience was getting better with all the street lights and the view down to the art market. I also ordered the Andean Stew (Locro) which was amazing. If you are in a hurry, don’t come here, because the service is slow.

• Visited May 2012

Cordoba, Argentina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing special for travelers.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

After reading about La Nieta in a well-know travel book, I was expecting a spectacular meal of homemade local cuisine like Locros (Andean Stew) or Humitas. Neither were on the menu tonight but I felt confident I could find something else that would be Argentinian. I wasn't left with to many other options. A few pastas, pizzas, and one or 2 main dishes.
Maybe I chose wrong, but what I got was just a plate of mustard-covered pork, with mashed potatoes. Nothing that I couldn't make are home.
Sadly, the best part of my meal was the bread.
Oh, and when my original waiter switched and I got Daniella instead. She was sweet but the service was only a little better.
And I know my Spanish isn't the best but, I never understood why he took my Mate Cocido when I wasn't finished with it. I thought he was going to add more hot water or at least reheat what I had, but he never came back after that and I was never offered anything else to drink during my entire meal.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jeff S
Kent
“Outside balcony seating in arty area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Limited menu but excellent food. Very busy and good atmosphere. Nice to be able to sit outside in this hot city

Visited February 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ambiance, lack of good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

If you want to have a nice view, good music and great ambiance then you will love this place. I had the typical argentinian "merienda" (afternoon snack) there, the homemade bread with jelly, dulce de leche and butter is really tasty. The place is located in the bohemian sector of Cordoba and lives from the atmosphere of its surrounding. The service could be improved, waiters are really slow and not very attentive. Still I would recommend this place!

Amsterdam
“Nice ambiance, but food doesn´t quite measure up.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

Nice little restaurant with great service, though I found my Bife de Chorizo not as tender as it should be for 60 pesos. Their dessert are quite good. Maybe slightly better than their main meals.

• Visited May 2011