“Nothing special for travelers.”

La Nieta 'e La Pancha
Ranked #497 of 713 Restaurants in Cordoba
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2012

After reading about La Nieta in a well-know travel book, I was expecting a spectacular meal of homemade local cuisine like Locros (Andean Stew) or Humitas. Neither were on the menu tonight but I felt confident I could find something else that would be Argentinian. I wasn't left with to many other options. A few pastas, pizzas, and one or 2 main dishes.
Maybe I chose wrong, but what I got was just a plate of mustard-covered pork, with mashed potatoes. Nothing that I couldn't make are home.
Sadly, the best part of my meal was the bread.
Oh, and when my original waiter switched and I got Daniella instead. She was sweet but the service was only a little better.
And I know my Spanish isn't the best but, I never understood why he took my Mate Cocido when I wasn't finished with it. I thought he was going to add more hot water or at least reheat what I had, but he never came back after that and I was never offered anything else to drink during my entire meal.

1  Thank Jeff S

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Limited menu but excellent food. Very busy and good atmosphere. Nice to be able to sit outside in this hot city

Reviewed January 28, 2012

If you want to have a nice view, good music and great ambiance then you will love this place. I had the typical argentinian "merienda" (afternoon snack) there, the homemade bread with jelly, dulce de leche and butter is really tasty. The place is located in the bohemian sector of Cordoba and lives from the atmosphere of its surrounding. The service could be improved, waiters are really slow and not very attentive. Still I would recommend this place!

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Nice little restaurant with great service, though I found my Bife de Chorizo not as tender as it should be for 60 pesos. Their dessert are quite good. Maybe slightly better than their main meals.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

After visiting the artist's market in Guemes, this is the perfect place to enjoy a lovely dinner. We enjoyed delicious homemade pasta in a warm atmosphere. The service was a bit slow, but sit back, enjoy a glass of wine and take in the atmosphere. We arrived at 9:30pm and got the last table and when we left at 1130pm, people were still waiting in line.