“2 nights 2 very different experiences”

Alcorta Carnes y Vino
Ranked #12 of 682 Restaurants in Cordoba
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Last night we arrived late into town and our hotel recommended this place. Food was off the charts great. Wife has soup, grilled veggies, and I had the 400 gr of meat. It was all truly to die for. Wine was also delicious.

Tonight, I begged my wife to return because I didn't want a bad meal somewhere else, and last night was so good. Wife ordered a smaller steak and I went with the same. 400 gr "chorizo" I had eaten yesterday. Talk about dry, horrible, and uneatable.... The waiter (same as last night) felt bad and replaced with another flavorless smaller cut that while better still couldn't compare to the first night.

As I told the waiter when he begged us to return tomorrow night, I will never return.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A good steakhouse, nice decor, good service. Good quality steaks and a very good wine list. Large, popular with locals, good atmosphere. A little pricey but not outrageous.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

While visiting Cordoba in April we had dinner here with family and some friends to celebrate my husband birthday. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and the food was very good. The service was just average since we had to wait a very long time to get our food and not all the plates were served at the same time.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our evening was really lovely. I particularly enjoyed a wine tasting upon arrival to help select our wine for the evening. I had a chicken dish, which was fantastic. My partner had a beef schnitzel, which was not great - but edable. One thing I dont understand is the charge to use cutlery? I have seen this in a few places in Argentina, but as a restuarant I would expect that built in?

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Well, the place is nicely decorated in the modern way. Soft lighting etc. Unlike one of our Trip Adviser colleagues we were quite respectably dressed, though not sporting Bertie Wooster style tuxedos. True, many of the other patrons seemed to be dressed to kill, particularly the local women. The food was good, though perhaps not as good as next door (La Mamma or Las Chilcas), but it was obvious that this was the place to see, and to be seen and heard. i think "trendy" is the word. Food for two with wine and tip came to around 50 USD at the blue rate. In no way could it be considered a rip-off, but i was mildly annoyed at the waiter´s remark "Tip not included, Sir". Always a bad sign ...no manners. would not return there.