Baluch Backpackers Hostel
Y111(Cordoba)
$134
$111
  • Breakfast included
Link Cordoba Hostel(Cordoba)(Great Value!)
$23
$77
$65
$100
$92
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Arrived around 0800 off the night bus. The manager at reception was very friendly and helpful, and offered us breakfast without any additional charge..including eggs! We were hoping to book into a private room, but there was no avalability, and he was kind enough to offer to look after our bags if we wanted to look around for another hostel, although we decidesd to stay. Location is good. AC worked. On the downside, the hostel is not very clean, albeit floors and bathrooms do get regular attention. I got the short straw so no hot water for the shower for me, but my other half reported hers was blisteringly hot. Room was tiny. Pillows heavily stained and torn although other bedding OK.The whole place appears unkempt and in need of a major refreshment and a good deep clean. eg. various broken windows throughout the hostel, including our room, generally peeling/grimy paintwork. Big groups of Isrealis when we stayed, who kept pretty much to themselves. Party went on till 2.00 am as the night staff joined in, and who were still struggling to speak the next morning. Very noisy. Good if this is what you are after. Not so good if you want a few hours decent sleep. All in all, this place is pretty poor value compared to other places we stayed here: for the private room price we found a nice, clean, chilled, well maintained apartment with kitchenette. It's a shame, as it was such a great start...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Viajarelmundo001
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here for several nights in total over two trips through Cordoba at the end of August and in September 2012. The reason why I returned the second time (after trying another hostel for one night) is because the atmosphere at Baluch was wonderful - really friendly staff, a great place to chill - which is what I was looking for nearing the end of my four month trip in Argentina. Good asado too. Amenities (kitchens, bathrooms) are basic but tidy and having eggs available for breakfast was nice. There are flashier hostels with more recent renovations (like Link hostel, a few blocks away, larger but more impersonal ) but Baluch was, for me, the more enjoyable place to be. Like every urban hostel in Argentina, noise leaks through the walls from outside - so bring earplugs, least you want to be waken up early every morning by a street vendor's insistent and repetitive "para leer, para sol, anteojos, para leer, para sol..."

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really had a great time there! The rooms were spacious and clean, staff was awesome and the roof-top terrace is really nice to hang out and enjoy some beers. Gladly not a place where you would be woken up every night by drunk people coming in but a great balance between partying and chilling!
Staff also is very knowledgebel about what to do and when they went out they took me with them!
Thanks for a great time guys!!!
Free breakfast was included as well, btw.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Mixed feelings about this hostel. I'll start with the positives: The staff were all great- friendly, helpful, knowledgeable about Cordoba. Breakfast was good- juice, coffee, tea, bread, jam, eggs, cereal. The bathrooms were kept very clean. Good wifi connection.

The negatives: We got a twin room and paid somewhere around $40 (US) a night with no private bathroom. For a similar price, it was by far the worst room we have had in 5 months of travel. There was a broken window and cold air came in day/night. This window also opened up to the patio, where other guests stayed up until 8am having fun (I'm not against them staying up at all- just upset that I could not close the hole in my window so I did not have to hear it). We also had to change the dirty sheets when we got there, which had never happened before. The room was extremely poorly lit, and very small. I do not think I have unreasonable room expectations, but as I said, this was much below the standards of other hostels we have stayed in for similar prices.

I had a good time meeting people at this hostel and there was a great BBQ while we were there. It seems like a good place for nightlife, but a crappy place for sleep.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Juliakg
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hostel is near of all! The staff is realy fine, ask to Vale ( Valeria ) she's khow all of the city and she take time for help you! What you need she's khown!

The room is good, clean et confortable, just the toilet is not really good...not de shower just de the toilet...

Have a good time in Baluch!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo