“LOVED the trip!!”

Safari Delta
Ranked #2 of 34 Tours in Tigre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a litle company that with small zodiac we organize tours for private groups boating in virginals streams and areas where no any more access, our most important concept is to live the delta, looking , sniffing, eating, listening, laughing, becouse boating whit the sun and the wind, swimming in virgins rivers, eating in rustic bars , lisen birds and laughed IMPORTANT WE ARE ONLY IN DELTA STATION FROM TREN DE LA COSTA, WE ARE NOT IN TIGRE STATION AND WE ARE NOT IN FLUVIAL STATION, CAUTION
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were a little hesitant about the amount the trip cost compared to other boat options but after being on the boat and seeing how their little boats had access to all the small little water ways the big boats didn't... as well as their knowledge of the area we were so happy to have decided to go with Safi Delta!!! It was a beautiful day and super peaceful JUST what we needed after the polluted, busy streets of Buenos Aires!!! Highly recommend the trip!!:-)

1  Thank Tarah D
"personal experience"
"fantastic guide"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been living in Buenos Aires for 4 months now and I absolutely love the city. I was lucky enough to have my mother and sister visit me from the US and I was searching searching searching the web to find something to do OUTSIDE of the city. BA is HUGE and can be overwhelming----- Why not try to explore Tigre a little bit?

I contacted Fernando by email first and he not only responded immediately- but wrote me a narrative of what the Tigre Delta is and I knew that I HAD to meet Fer. It was so obvious, just with one email, how passionate he is about the delta, Tigre and wanting to share the magic with others. Doing boat tours is not just a job to get by, it is his passion, LIFE and LOVE on the river. After some arrangements, and he was EXTREMELY accommodating, we arranged to meet in Tigre at 2:30pm. He was RIGHT on time and greeted us with not only a friendly smile, but a hug, a kiss on the cheek and somehow he managed to pull the sun out of his pocket (just 30 min. before it had been raining).

He introduced us to our tour guide LU (Lucila) --- Fer also does tours--- and we were on our way to experiencing the river. From the beginning, LU had this absolutely contagious smile and energy and everyone felt comfortable and safe with her. She easily explained where we were going, history of the Delta, pointed out plants and trees along the river and respectfully gave us insight on what life in the Delta was like. We went on a tour with two other people, Germans, and we had the BEST time. The best part was the SMALL BOAT ( 6 of us inc. LU) because we could navigate through the small channels and really feel the river. It was peaceful, filled with sounds of nature, the river, the green, the company, the passion for Tigre, blue skies, good food, and just an incredibly comfortable presence.

After 2 1/2 hours on the river, we stopped at this cute little house hidden in the Delta and LU cooked us delicious Oje de Bifes, potatoes, poured us delicious glasses of red wine, and we enjoyed panqueque de dulce de leche for dessert. Todo (everything) was RIQUISIMO (Delicious)!!! We spent 2 hours enjoying fantastic dinner conversation, laughing over travel stories, learning about cultures (Argentina, US & German). Fer and another small group joined us late for dinner and we were able to meet two other girls that were traveling and of course added to our stories.

We were able to share in a unique experience that would only that one day between that specific group. Every tour is different because there is no schedule, there is not 20 people to navigate, and everything goes with the flow.

Lu and Fer are truly fantastic people. Big hearts, generous, kind, fun, light spirited, open, and just want that you enjoy the river as much as they do. They are people that I will never forget and made my families stay in Argentina unforgettable. I am thankful & want only the best for Safari Delta.

Undoubtedly RECOMMENDABLE & CAN NOT BE MISSED.
<3 Gracias Fer & Lu!!!!!!

2  Thank Paige C
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I took a trip with Fernando. First, take the Tren De La Costa, it's worth the extra cash and is scenic and gives you an hop-on, hop-off ability to check out small towns on the way to Tigre. His stand is right at end of the train station and impossible to miss. It's amazing the amount of people who live on the delta and how they go about life, from the hermit to unbelievably rich and their mansions. The river is a brown murky liquid, but the real sight are the birds and flora that inhabit the area. He gives you a chance to walk around some of the small villages and it is definitely worth having steak and wine at his "house" along one of the canals just to soak in the view. The speedboat he uses also allows you to get in places that larger boats can't. It was one of my highlights of my trip to Argentina. A nice little easy day trip from the city and a great way to get back to nature.

1  Thank 795WilliamS795
Reviewed September 26, 2012

our second time we did safarideltar, really very different from our first trip, I think it was the best decicion of our stay in Argentina, rivers with thousands flowers and wild sounds, good food and great guides, is highly recommended