“I hope you are hungry.”

Dining options: Breakfast
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“I hope you are hungry.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The prices are small but the servings are large. Your breakfast will come on a platter that will serve the whole table. It is very delicious food so work up an appetite and go there.

Morinville
“Road trip”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This very unpretentious restaurant served up one of the best breakfast meals I have ever eaten. The menu selection for breakfast was extensive: food was perfect and service was efficient and friendly.

• Visited July 2014
“Always a wonderful meal and great service!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Helen's is a great place to get a fresh home-cooked meal! Everything is prepared when you order it. I love Helen's Kitchen Sink omelets and coffee for breakfast. Also Helen will occasionally make Gluten Free bakery, usually on Saturdays. She will also keep some gluten free bread around for her few customers, like me, that can't have gluten. Her cinnamon rolls are to die for. She is only open Fri, Sat, and Sun and always busy. Next time you're in town, be sure to visit! You won't be disappointed.

Milwaukee
“Great Breakfast & Friendly staff !!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My parent live in Maricopa, and eat at Helens ALL THE TIME.
When visiting this past week, I was told I had to go there and try the food.
I was a little skeptical by making a judgement even before I stepped foot inside the comfy little cafe. Boy was I wrong ! The breakfast selection they serve are out of this world !
I got the Eggs Benedict ( to die for ! ), my sister got the burrito with a side of gravy whil my other sis ordered the Hungry Man. It was so good she almost became a member of the clean plate club. The staff was super friendly ( Steph provided 4 star service ! ) and the wait time wasnt too bad. It was soo good, I ended going back there for a second try a few days later.
This place is a no brainer if you want great breakfast grub !
The prices and the portions are crazy rediculous !

• Visited April 2014
Maricopa, Arizona
“Surprising”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I'd heard about Helen's but never stopped in. Their hours were not synched to my needs. Ate there on Friday. Went early [5 p.m.] since I'd read that service was slow and seating was limited. First thing I noted was that it was W A Y different from the previous restaurant that had that location. They'd spiffed it up, gone were the dingy windows, uneven floors and the mismatched tables. I had the shrimp, hubby had their famous tri-steak. Food was good. Presentation was good, food was hot. Waitstaff was high schoolersh who didn't appear to have their skills tuned yet. They sat at a table and yapped about school, along with some non-employees who were waiting for the baseball game to begin at the HS across the street. They sat at a table and "yapped" about school. There was little follow-up by our waitress. No dessert was offered although by reputation, they have delicious ones. A young man whom I believe was the cook came out and as he walked by our table, he saw that we were waiting for our check and a "to go" box, got both for us.

I would go back because it is another decent restaurant with a sit down menu in our small town overpopulated by fast-food establishments. I wish Helen success as she irons out the quirks.

• Visited April 2014