“Christmas Time Fun”

Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maricopa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 3, 2010

A real nice place. Everyone was very friendly and helpful as they could be. Very clean, Great food, Very mixture of gaming. We realey enjoyed our stay and plan on going back.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,779)

Reviewed November 19, 2009

Checked in on Friday and out on Monday. Service from front desk, restaurants and casino was very friendly and helpful. We came for NASCAR which was about an hour's drive away. The Friday night buffet was good as was breakfast each day in Agave's. Played some but not much luck although all dealers are friendly and fun. A difference here for me is that dealers individually keep their tokes so you can "reward" exceptional service. Bingo was fun, too. Weather was a little chilly to use the pool or hot tub but it was beautifully kept. The walk to the room (Mesquite) was a bit of a walk and unusual that we had to enter and exit the pool area to get to the room. I'd return again to see more of the area and like the idea that it is a ways from the "big city" Phoenix.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We had a great time here and the Range Steak house was wonderful. The rooms are great but there was 1 spot on the rug. Love the beds. We did eat at the restaurant for breakfast and it was the only problem we had. Not up to the Harrahs standard.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I checked in for a day and night for some peace and quiet. I was looking forward to the pool and actually had my suit on under my sundress. The desk employees were helpful as was the concierge. I was escorted to my room. I wasted no time in heading to the pool. It was cloudy. I was looking forward to sparkling. I went in a few times, then headed back to my room. That night I played the slots but found them to be not so much fun. When I asked two employees where a certain slot machine was, they looked at me with a look of confusion. Shouldn't they know these things? Then came the room. Next door was the ice machine and vending machine. That was noisy. You could hear people walking above as if there were no carpeting on their floor.. The last thing was this mangy fake plant that looked like it was covered in mold. It was scary!!!The pillows were so plump I couldn't get comfortable. In the middle of the night the clock radio alarm began buzzing very loudly. It took me a long time to get back to sleep. The next morning I asked to extend my checkout time and was refused. I stayed in my room until a half hour after checkout time anyway and didn't have a problem. Of course upon walking thru the resort, the pool was sparkling!!! So, I used one of the bathrooms by the pool to change into my swimsuit and enjoyed a few hours at the pool and the casino.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Hotel was a great value, rooms were very nice and clean. Had a great view. Check-in was a breeze, very friendly customer service person. I was called when I got to my room to ask if everything was as expected.
However I don't recommend the room-service or at least not for breakfast. They don't start serving until 7:00 a.m., the food was delivered cold and no utencils causing a call and yet colder food.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I live in the Phoenix area and it is great to have a Harrahs so close. My family can go down to Ak Chin for a "mini vacation." Has that resort feel without driving 8-10 hours to Vegas. The rooms are HUGE! Always have been clean, staff is so very nice and accomodating every time. The swimming pool is large with a swim up bar. The casino floor is large and easy to get around in a wheel chair. We've had great meals at the buffet as well as both restuarants. Never a complaint.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2009

My sisters and I do a girl's trip every year and every chance we get we go to Harrah's doing the summer. We have a pool party with the bartender in the swim up pool bar, it is such a great feature and such great fun. You meet alot of nice people in the pool on those hot arizona days. The Restaurants are all great and the casino is loads of fun. The whole atmosphere at Harrah's is great and the staff is very friendly. I will recommend this hotel and casino to everyone i know. And we will keep coming back every chance we get.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maricopa
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Best Western Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chandler/Phoenix Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#24 of 34 in Chandler
Home2 Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande

Been to Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort? Share your experiences!