“Nice hotel and casino”

Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maricopa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at Harrah's in Maricopa and would definitely go back.

Very nice pool area, couldn't use it due to the weather but did hop in the hot tub which also was nice. Buffet at the casino was also good. Casino machines were as expected, and a few poker tables. The bar area could be improved but overall was okay.

Rooms were also very nice and seemed very new. Wireless connection was good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kearnsisawesome

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying while on a business trip and I am quite pleased! Everyone is warm and welcoming even wishing me luck...it IS a casino. The room is very spacious with a very large bath. Dinner in the steakhouse as fabulous. I cannot wait until me business function is over today to come back and enjoy the pool. If you're in the area, I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jill R
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Girl and I stayed in the new tower rooms. They were small but nice. There was a small issue with the TV but the staff was very responsive. I have stayed in the resort rooms before and enjoyed both. The pool is great. The swim up bar is a fun experience. The pool makes the stay worth it. I would recommend the steak house excellent food. The entertainment center is fun as well. To Hotel Management: I would highly suggest a shuttle between the two. The pool towel service is a little strict.

Room Tip: The resort rooms have a balcony/patio.
2  Thank DavidFancher
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent one night stay at the Ak Chin, and look forward to our next visit.

Pros:
- The front desk staff and the maids were super friendly.
- The room was very clean, and tastefully decorated in dark colors.
- Large HD TV was mounted on the wall.
- Room had a safe, coffee maker and refrigerator.
- The swimming pool is gorgeous, with lots of comfy lounge chairs (some in the shallow parts of the pool), and large umbrellas. There is also a swim-up bar, and large hot tub.
-Using our player’s cards we got a super rate of $29 for a tower room on a week night.

Cons (all minor):
- The air conditioner is window mounted thus was a little noisy when it kicked on.
- Bathroom sink is a raised sink with the stopper in the middle, which I don’t like.
- Curtains did not completely cover the window, so it was somewhat light in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DazedNAmused
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We checked in at Harrah's Ak-Chin on 4/12/13 for our one year anniversary getaway. Everything was fine for the first few hours, then it all started to hit the fan.
The room we were in was fine at first. The TV in the room, however, seemed posessed; turning itself on and off randomly. We called facilities to get it taken care of and it was "fixed" Friday night. Saturday mid-day it started again. Facilities came out, changed out the card...and it continued. Add to that the barking dogs in the next room (the PetStay rooms were overbooked according to the front desk) until at least 9 pm and starting again this morning (4/14/13) at 6:30 am, and you'd think I'd be done. I'm not. Last night in the Oasis Lounge there was a performance my husband and I wanted to see. We showed up and were told that seating was only for those with wristbands or VIP status, and standing in a walkway of any sort was not feasible. Well, it's not marketed in that way. In fact online it states "no admission, no reservations needed". Nowhere does it state that there is a need for a wristband, etc.
That brings me to Agave's. We went for breakfast both days, however the 2nd day was ONLY because it was comped due to the aforementioned issues. The first morning I had something god awful in my soda. It appeared that some sort of dark black-ish mold was on a piece of ice. The cups for soda weren't fully cleaned (as evidenced by the remnant color on the bottom of the glass) as well.
We were not offered to speak to a manager at all, and to be honest I was fed up at that point. This was to be our anniversary vacation, which turned into one big waste of money - and we don't even gamble!

2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The rooms were clean & housekeeping did a good job but you had to wait until around 5 before they came & cleaned your room. When I called 2 days in a row around 2:25 to see why my room wasn't clean yet after coming from the pool. I was told they clean the check out rooms 1st & hotel guest last. When we arrive told them we wanted to charge to the room & they said everything was taken care of, Yea, that was a joke. My DH has a computer conference that he went to everyday away from there so I was there most time by myself. When I tried to charge to my room was told by cashier it wasn't set up so I had to leave & go to front desk to find out why. ?? It wasn't done at check in like they said they did. The front desk person that they did take care of it & didn't know what happen, whatever. I charge to my room the next 2 days then I went to the Buffet on 3rd day just before they were gonna shut down lunch & was told that I can't charge to the room only my husband could. WHAT I told her are you serious, I've been charging to the room for 2 days she showed me where it shows NO. OMG, this is crazy, I had to go back to front desk to find out what the hell is going on. My husband was at his conference but couldn't get a hold of him to OK me. Then the front desk tells me that I have 2 comp nights & 2 discount room rates for my room if I wanted to put the room charges on mine instead of my husband. Again WHAT THE HELL are you talking about I told her, we are in 1 room. She said no I showed to be in room 5001 & David in Room 5006. Really you show me checking in & have me signed in that room. She didn't know if they did or not but I showed to be in that room. I told them I don't know what they are doing but I'm not in that room nor have I checked in that room so I don't know how they came up with that. They said since I didn't cancel that I was responsible for it. I told them to show me where I checked in & signed for it or made the reservation on it. She said she didn't know what happen cause she couldn't find anything, of course not, I didn't have a room. She said she will talk to a manager & try to take care of it so I won't be charged for it. I said I better don't be charge for it & she said I hope not but wasn't sure. Told my husband & he went to talk to a host to find out what was going on, she said they must be having computer problems & didn't know why this was happening. We then had problems to get into the room, security came up & then went to get a new key, & said he didn't know why it was deactivated. I never had so much problems with a room like we did here. Most part the casino people were friendly & so was the housekeeping but the Front Desk are dumb & don't know what they are doing. The food was just OK, no great choices here.
This place has lots of problems & I would probably skip in staying here again.

3  Thank pruske25
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit Ak Chin recently to meet up with a long time friend from California who was visiting. All the balcony rooms have been updated with a big screen TV and small refrigerator. They also have built a tower with beautiful rooms and very nice comfy beds. These rooms don't have a balcony, but they look very high tech!! They also have a big screen TV and a mini refrigerator. I love staying at Ak Chin, especially when they give me free rooms!! And of course the gambling is fun too.

Room Tip: If you need an accessible room let them know at the front desk and they will put you close to the el...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Locatina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maricopa
Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino
#53 of 174 in Phoenix
Ahwatukee Foothills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler

Been to Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort? Share your experiences!