“Cute place and Good food...”

Penasco's Restraurant
Ranked #27 of 64 Restaurants in Maricopa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Mesa, Arizona
“Cute place and Good food...”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The service was average. Not over the top good but not Horrible. I tried the Signature dish Los Conchas and enjoyed it. It was a little salty but not overwhelming. I would and do recommend it to my friends and now on this site. Would love to see a little updating as far as the furniture and decor goes but not enough to keep me away.

• Visited May 2012

Groveland, Massachusetts
“I was very pleased with my experience”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had heard from a few people that this was a hidden jewel. When Ron the starter at nearby Southern Dunes golf course confimed that for me, I headed there after my round. The salsa was very good and fresh with just enough zip for me. The flauta's were also good. On Ron's recommendation I got the jalapeno cream sauce to go along with them. That was awesome. The bean tostada was your basic bean tostada, but the sauce gave it some attitude. It was happy hour so all bottled beers were $2. Wow! My 2 Modelos tasted very good. This is certainly well off the beaten trail, but if you are ever in Maricopa, it is really worth checking out. It was a 40 minute drive for me from Wild Horse Pass/Chandler. It is probably just under an hour from Sky Harbor. I like finding small, family based restaurants and getting the inside scoop on some special recipes. Penasco's filled that need for me last week.

• Visited April 2012
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“I am perplexed by the 5 negative reviews of the restaurant”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

After reading the reviews about this restaurant, I can only conclude they come from people with an agenda. After living a good portion of my life in Arizona an New Mexico, I rate this as one of the best Mexican Restaurants in which I have ever eaten. The Los Conchas plate is absolutely delicious, and I also love Tres Enchiladas. Best enchiladas I have ever eaten. Also, I have eaten here numerous times since the place opened. Well worth the drive out from Phoenix, though it will be packed on Friday evening. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited January 2012
Canada
“Nothing special”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

A lot of menu choices, and good sized portions, but the taste was definitely lacking.

• Visited January 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“too bad”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

You know what, I want this to be a nice place. Badly. But it isn't. Food is hit and miss. Watery salsa ALWAYS. Owner and her snotty family need to not work there. To bad I have to drive to Chandler for a nice sit down mexican meal...

2 Thank mauimarshall