Hotel Iruna Mar del Plata
$53
  • Restaurant
NH Gran Hotel Provincial(Mar del Plata)
$150
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Club del Golf(Mar del Plata)(Great Value!)
$50
$62
  • Breakfast included
Gran Hotel Miglierina(Mar del Plata)
$35
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Costa Galana(Mar del Plata)
$163
$152
$40
$159
$126
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
$77
Hotel Denver(Mar del Plata)
$63
$49
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I had trepidations after booking my room at the Iruna and then reading the reviews here. But none of the negative things I saw here happened to me. I found the desk staff very helpful, they speak English or Spanish and did anything we asked of them with no problem. The room service was amazing, fastest I seen. Don't recommend the hotel restaurant, the food is so-so at best, but there are lots of restaurants within walking or cab distance, and the staff made good recommendations. Yes, the rooms are on the small side, but ours was certainly all we needed. Great ocean view, good TV, hot water, bidet, comfortable bed, top notch maid service. I would stay there again because of the great service, central beach location and reasonable rates.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Hotel looks ok from the outside, has however seen better days and has the charme of an Eastern European Hotel from the 70ies. Our room was horrible, small, filthy and looking into the backyard and all kind of exhausts and A/Cs. Dinner was also fairly poor and service not really existing. Don't know if other rooms were better than our "Standard" but would not recommend this place. Parking was good. Breakfast also fairly poor.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hskuehn
Reviewed August 19, 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Iruna for a week while my husband while he was on a conference. The rooms were small but pleasant. The hotel staff was very accommodating, very friendly and made our stay there very enjoyable. The hotel does not have a pool and although it is next to the water it is not the kind of beach to sit out on and read all day. Overall it was a nice and cute place.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank ewolfe2
Reviewed January 5, 2007

I went to Mar del Plata in November 2006. I had asked for a room with ocean view when I booked my reservation months earlier. They gave me a room with two windows facing another room windows. Almost no natural light in the room for being so enclosed. They gave me a room adjacent to another room with little or no privacy, only a door with a latch was in the middle, and I was awaken by the phone calls on the next room. My phone didn't work, they even forgot to wake me up my last day when I needed to leave eralier. Fortunately (?) my next room neighbor was on his cell phone talking next to my door by my bed... And he woke me up. The service in the hotel was awful, the elevators are very small and slow, many times we have to wait for a long period of time to get to our room or to leave our floor. The rooms are not thoroughly cleaned: I bought a sweater my first day in Mar del Plata and a little label fell off on to the carpet floor. It was there until my last day at the Hotel Iruna. Very scary situation. I don't recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to have a good time in Mar del Plata... Of course I won't go back...

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
4  Thank charso
Reviewed December 17, 2006

I just stayed at the Hotel Iruna during an early December conference in Mar Del Plata. My room was not large by US standards and had no view, but it was extremely quiet and comfortable, with a nicely appointed private bath with bidet and hair dryer. The room had air conditioning (ask for a remote control at the front desk), phone, and cable TV. There was no clock provided so bring your own travel alarm. The bed was comfortably firm, the linens fresh, and I slept soundly. The desk staff were helpful and professional and the housekeeping was excellent including bed turn-down service each evening.

My conference group ate breakfast and either lunch or dinner in the hotel each day. Breakfast was served buffet style with croissants, cold sliced ham and cheese, pies and pastries, yogurt, bread, jam, dulce de leche, cereal, milk, juice, and fresh fruit salad. Lunch and dinner started with a salad buffet including a variety of fresh and cooked vegetables, olives, sliced cheeses, and cured meats, followed by a main course (e.g. baked chicken and potatoes) and then dessert and coffee. Dinner is served from 8:30PM to 11:30PM.

The hotel offers free wireless internet access in the lobby, but since the whole place was full of conference attendees who all wanted to check their email at the same hours, the wireless network was often overwhelmed and not reliable. Guests could be found hanging out in the lobby late into the night, typing on laptops, and hotel wait-staff were on hand to serve drinks from the bar at all hours. An internet cafe is also available nearby.

The hotel is across a busy street from the beach which was full of vacationing families. Excellent shopping can be found within a few blocks. Our conference program was held at the law school building a few blocks away.

Be sure to bring an electrical adapter if you intend to plug in your cell phone or laptop chargers. The plugs in my room were diagonal in shape (like those in Australia) and carried 200V. Here's a sketch of the plug shape:

top: / \

bottom: |

Bus transportation between Buenos Aires and Mar Del Plata can be arranged via a company called Tienda Leon, whose station is a short taxi ride from the hotel. The private vans are comfortable but beware, they are not equipped with bathrooms and stop only once along the 6 hour ride. Air connections are also available.

The Iruna hotel was terrific for a conference venue or vacationing adults; but I would not bring my kids here on vacation, as the hotel does not offer a private beach or pool and there is no lifeguard on duty at the public beach.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business