“Was expecting much more”
Review of Alito

Alito
Ranked #16 of 655 Restaurants in Mar del Plata
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We got to this place around 10pm and it was packed. Since this place is so small we had to wait outside for about an hour. When we asked the lady if they had a bar area she rudely replied to wait out. Finally when we got to our table the food was not good. I ordered paella... I have to say from 1 to 10 it was a 4 (and im being generous). One of my friends ordered pasta with shrimp and she didnt like it either. Our waitress was also rude the whole time. We were extremely disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Alito

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Returned recently to this Italian-generational restaurant. I ordered (and we shared) a humongous portion of delicious Pasta Alfredo. My friend, a vegetarian, ordered grilled vegetables (10 different ones) and said they were the best ever! The portions are enormous....easy to share. Wine prices are very reasonable. Try it.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My friends and I chose this restaurant based on the Tripadvisor rating. Our service was outstanding and the atmoshere was great. I really wanted to love this place but my food was average at best. I ordered a seafood pasta and it had no flavor. A few of my friends ordered fish dishes and they enjoyed their meals so maybe I just ordered the wrong thing on the menu. Based on the reviews and how busy it was it' worth probably giving it a shot.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Charming host, excellent, well priced dinner and lovely wine in a local popular restaurant. Outside and inside dining available.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Since none of the fish on the menu of this seaside restaurant is fresh - so said the waitress -, I had the Merluza negra (aka Chilean seabass). I usually love it, but they did all they could to make it tasteless.
Add that the most expensive half-bottle of Chardonnay is worthless, and you may wish this restaurant were in Ulan Bator so you could give it a good review.

1  Thank Zeami