Ways to Experience Estancia El Ombu de Areco
from $155.00
from $175.00
from $180.00
More Info
All reviews day trip buenos aires el ombu empanadas horse ride asado salad chicken horse whispering old trees few hours two nights steak great service music and dancing en route wonderful lunch
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2018

Ideal facilities to explore, relax and enjoy a wonderful day. Did I mention the outstanding fdood and wine?

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2018

We were taken straight to El Ombu ranch after a long flight from London and we felt rested immediately.
The ranch is set in a lovely rural setting where you can wander around and enjoy a group horse back riding outing on the pampas. The horses were all so well cared for.
For lunch a delicious barbecue is served by gauchos and dinner is served in an intimate dining room. Any time we fancied a drink, we only had to ask.
Our room was a little dark but large.
The staff were all lovely.
A great experience.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 15, 2018 via mobile

Visited as a day trip from Buenos Aires.

The estancia is large with a lot of land and is very traditionally decorated. Particularly enjoyed just sat relaxing in the gardens with a glass of wine, an empanada and the estancia’s numerous dogs.

All staff we came across were very friendly and helpful.

Enjoyed the horse riding (beautiful horses). It was a longer ride than I thought it would be (which was a plus) and although there was a gaucho at the front and one at the back it wasn’t a rigid route and we could ride at will without being told to stay in line. The horses were well trained and good mannered.

I’m not really a meat eater so there wasn’t a great deal for me to eat apart from chicken and salad. However my friend said the steak and all other meats were very good. Instead of all of the meat I instead sampled the red wine which was v good!

There is a bit of a touristy horse whisperer show and music and dancing after dinner and although it felt a bit “fake” it was fun and we joined in the dancing! Was really interesting watching the relationship between the gaucho and his horse.

There were a few annoying visitors taking the micky, being loud etc but it did not detract from the experience.

Would recommend to others as a day trip from the city as although touristy, didn’t seem as touristy as some of the other estancias we looked at and there were not that many visitors when we were there.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018

My daughter and I began an 8 day Buenos Aires visit with two nights at El Ombu. It was great experience from the airport pick-up, empanada snack upon arrival at the estancia, superb mid-day asados, and tasty home-cooked dinners. My daughter enjoyed the horse riding and I was happy to experience the countryside in a buggy.

Having lived in Buenos Aires 2000-2004, it was terrific to enjoy the Argentine campo again. The El Ombu staff do a great job to make all welcome and satisfied.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed September 11, 2018

The food and staff were incredible. The guacho show and dancing were fun. Perfect outdoor seating for large groups. Great service.

Date of experience: September 2018