Hostel Suites Obelisco
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
$689
$535
$136
  • Restaurant
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$279
$205
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$364
$350
  • Pool
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$328
$220
Melia.com
$501
$465
  • Pool
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$79
NH Hotels
$139
$134
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$148
$142
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Good Hostel, excelent atmosphere. One of the best locations in Buenos Aires, just in the heart of the city, with lots of banks, restaurants, shops, supermarkets near.

I was in a double room with shared bathroom (a litle bit dirty in the first day). It was a big room, with a Good bed, clean sheets and towels. The room wasn´t warm, we need to use all covers available.

The breakfast is great (two types of bread, marmalades, coffee, milk, yogurt, cereal, fruits..). It was the best breakfast I had in Argentina.

I really recomend the Suites Obelisco.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here for a week by myself and had a private room with a balcony and shared bathroom. My room was lovely and the bed comfy. It was hard to sleep at times because i was on the avenida corrientes side but i didnt mind that so much. The staff were helpful and they have a great tourist program with 5 or 6 things to do everyday. I found the bathrooms and kitchen especially kind of gross but I guess thats a hostel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank natalie s
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Just got back from Buenos Aires and I must warn you that if you stay in this hostel during the winter months (when it's hot and humid) you will have problems sleeping at night unless you are wasted. The rooms don't have A/Cs, there is only one fan which simply does not make a difference. Besides from that, the staff is super friendly and cool. Our second day we went on the Crazy Train pub crawl with a couple of staffers and they will make sure that you are having fun...highly recommend the pub crawl. Breakfast is standard (corn flakes, fruits, bread and some bevarages). Location is very good, El Centro, you are right next to the Pink House and a 15 minute taxi ride away from Palermo, although there is enough shopping and entertainment right where you are.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ldashev
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I liked a lot, and I intend to come back… I definitively recommend. Good rates, good staff, good rooms, a very good localization ( in heart of Bs As), the breakfast is good, and they have airport free shuttle service… You can see people around the world, its a very good experience.. It was the first time that I stayed in a hostel, and it was great.

Room Tip: higher rooms are better, less noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Naiara_55
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I loved this place!! We were initially staying at another hostel but we didn't quite like it so we changed to this one and we did not regret!

The hostel is really well located, in the middle of the city, right next to the Obelisk. Everything is close by. The hostel is really nice, high ceilings, big windows....

We stayed in a 6 bed-bedroom and the room was pretty big. They also have lockers.
The bathrooms were very clean (if you need a towel you need to pay for it, so it might be a good idea to bring one.) I find that there should be more bathrooms though. The hostel was pretty empty when we were there, so for us it didn't matter but I'm thinking when it's really busy, there's only 2 bathrooms on every floor with the toilet and the shower in the same bathroom so you probably have to wait a while.
The breakfast is cool, lots of fruits, bread, yoghurt, cereals, juices... And a plus: you don't need to clean your dishes :P

There's also a room with a 5-6 computers which is good... And a few places where you can just sit around.

Other than that... The staff is ok, they're nice but not extra-nice. They answer your questions but they don't go out of their way to help. Vey nonchalant I would say. They don't make any jokes and don't smile very much. I would say that's the only down point of this hostel.

I just read about bedbugs, but during my stay everything was fine. Did not see any (but still, always check your bed when you arrive!!)

So in the end, I would definitly recommend this hostel. I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 because of the staff, but they didn't ruin our stay so it doesn't really change my mind. The price is also pretty good but the quality of the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple