The Republica San Telmo is well located, but it is no longer the place it used to be (judging by former reviews). Nicholas is no longer there, and the current staff are almost never around - although David was helpful when he was there. It has the feel of an abandoned house. The other family staying there and I were amazed at the bad state it is in. They described it as "un susto" (a shock) and I totally agree.
To be specific,
- breakfasts were pretty slapdash and served very late (also, be warned - you get no breakfast on Sunday and no breakfast if you have an early flight).
- the kitchen was dirty and was poorly equipped
- the bedroom and bathroom were not very clean. Towels and blankets were old and hard.
- my bedroom heater didn't work, though David fixed it finally
- the TV in the main area did not work, though David later fixed it for us
- the computer was a struggle to use - it's old, Windows 7 (copy), with a rubber keyboard and a mouse that were temperamental.
- Numerous things were broken and lacked attention (a door handle came off in my hand, for example).
- the service was awful. I didn't see anyone from the B+B during my last 2 days! So I had to get my own breakfast.
For the price of USD 50 a night, it's very disappointing, though you get used to it. It is not a place I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our B&B and apartments in the centre of the historic area San Telmo are your perfect starting point to explore Buenos Aires. We will give you a peaceful and relaxed stay after a day of intensely enjoying all the charms of Buenos Aires.B&B Republica San Telmo is part of a French Style mansion that was built one hundred years ago. We offer 5 large rooms, 4 bathrooms, air conditioning, comfortable beds, TV and free Internet access. Breakfast is included. You can also use our kitchen facilities and the roof terrace with barbecue.We recommend our apartments in 3 blocks from the B&B, for a luxurious stay. The apartments are equiped with a kitchenette, bathroom with bath and shower, a comfortable box-spring, air conditioning, a 32 inch HD television and a private balcony. Next to that you will find a lot of extra (shared) services on the top of the building, like a swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna.We love to help you plan your excursions in the city and the rest of the country. Next to that we can bring you to football games and tango shows.We hope to welcome you soon in Republica San Telmo! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Republica San Telmo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Republica San Telmo Hotel Buenos Aires