It was our first visit to Buenos Aires and as we were staying for 9 nights, much research went into finding the right hotel. We felt pretty smug that we'd got it so right with this lovely hotel...
I think that because we were there for so long, we were upgraded at check in from a Superior room to a Deluxe room - a great start after a 14 hour flight.
All the rooms are decorated differently as you've probably read, but the main difference in the 3 categories of room is the bathroom size. Our Che Guevara bathroom was spacious with double sinks and the option to have a most invigorating spa shower!
The rooms have glass french doors which you can open for some fresh air and look out upon the street (reasonably quiet) or courtyard. The glass is double glazed, so quite soundproof. If you're at the back, the school behind provides quiet chatter during the day. Our only gripe was that on Saturday night, the adjoining house had a party which went well into the early hours. Not much could be done, so we turned on the air conditioner which dulled the noise and slept pretty well.
We thought breakfast was perfectly fine - 2 types of cereal, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, breads, toast, the usual cheeses & meats, and eggs cooked to order. The waiter is also happy to make a cafe con leche or cappuccino if you ask.
The location is brilliant - cafes and bars and no end of shopping almost on the doorsteps. Pleased we weren't "on the other side of the tracks" in Palermo Hollywood - we went for a walk there and weren't inspired.
The staff were so helpful in helping us choose restaurants and the right tango show - we wanted smaller, rather than an en masse venue... they were equally happy to book restaurants for us - or look up ferry times, buses etc
We were quite at home, and would happily return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is a wonderful combination of old and contemporary, ideal for those who seek the authentic and sophisticated. There is a friendly, cosy atmosphere at this eleven room hotel, with each ensuite room decorated differently and dedicated to different legendary Argentine characters. Each room has its own full bathroom and is air conditioned with an LCD flat screen television, minibar, and safe. There is a jacuzzi and solarium and internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Legado Mitico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legado Mitico Buenos Aires
- Legado Mitico Hotel Buenos Aires