All reviewsboutique hotelpalermo soholibrary areafamous argentinedon juliosister hotellovely boutiquelively areabody lotiontrendy shopsthird floorbars and restaurantsour honeymoonsmall hotelperfect hotelvisit to buenos airesliving room
Reviewed September 17, 2011

WE stayed in paermo on our honeymoon, loved the area and enjoyed the quality of hotel room, breakfast was less than average, but room was lovely

Room Tip: all pretty much the same
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Palermo Soho is an up and coming "barrio" in BA. Great boutique style shops, nice cafes and good bar life and arguably some of BA's best restaurants. Lovely to wander around and explore. Legado Mitico is in an ideal location within Palermo.

The hotel was lovely and clean. The rooms are a very good size and have everything you could hopr for. However, we were very disappointed with the bathroom - the bath was too small for our liking, there was no bath plug, no extractor fan and the water swung between hot and cold.

The library is a lovely place to enjoy a glass of wine before heading out for dinner. It is also where you eat breakfast in the morning. We werent too impressed with the breakfast as it was a little too continental / european for us.

Overall, a nice place to stay but room for improvement. However, we wouldnt not look to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsMihangel
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Simply outstanding hotel in a great location. Would definitely come back

Likes:
- Amazing location in the heart of Pallermo Soho perfect if you like shopping as there are many independent and chain shops within a few seconds walk as well as some of the best restaurants and bars in BA
- Rooms are beautifully and meticulously decorated. Each room is themed and a lot of thought has gone into them.
- Rooms are very spacious and with twin sinks, jacuzzi bath as well as a nice shower.
- The staff are fabulous. The whole point of the boutique experience is that they know your name, are locals that are knowledgable and do what they can to help you out. Thats exactly what they do.
- The included breakfast is very good. Its small without much choice but it proves you don't need a 50 dish spread to make a good breakfast, just have quality in whatever you provide which they do.

Dislikes
- Struggling to find something I don't like but if I was going to be REALLY picky it would have been good to have a small gym or some kind of other facility but I never expect this in a boutique hotel so can't really complain about it
- View from the room is of the back of other buildings

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank thekyd
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I were in BA in July 2011 and, upon recommendation, went to check out the Legado Mitico as a possibility for next year, when we plan to go back to Argentina with two additional couples. We went there on Wednesday July 20, at about 6:15PM. After explaining (in porteno Spanish, since I am a native expat) that we wanted to see a room or two for our trip next year, we managed to get past the security guard at the door and were let in by the receptionist who, immediately, told us that we would have to wait since he was busy with some phone calls. We agreed and sat down in the lovely lounge area/library, and we waited. And waited. And waited. He took care of the needs of other people who arrived after us but still we waited. Eventually , after seeing that he was not on the phone, I approached and asked to see a brochure, and he gave me one. I asked what was up and he said he was busy. I said I was leaving and he shrugged haughtily. I said that I would contact my travel agent and tell her of the way we were treated and he said something to the effect that he didn't care, and to do as i wished. My wife and I left, offended and angry at his attitude, which was shared by the security guard. I later told our travel agent of this incident and she contacted the manager who explained that after 18:00hrs they don't show rooms except by appointment and blamed our agent for not making an appointment. No mention of any such policy was made to us when we arrived. No apologies, no goodwill, nothing. Just good old arrogance and attitude. Terrible service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank JorgeGoldstein
melucoll, Propietario at Legado Mitico, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

We are really sorry about the inconvenience you have.
Leagdo Mitico Buenos Aires Hightlights not only for the decoration, also for the personal attention, you can verify with more than 80 positive critict that we do have on the page.
I live you the email so you can contact straight with me to info@legadomitico.com.

Best regards,
Javier figueroa

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Perfect location in the very heart of Palermo, just steps away from MANY shops, restaurants and clubs...boutique style hotel with 11 rooms each individually and beautifully decorated (I loved La Primera Dama Evita Peron room!), the hotel has a gorgeous living room lounge and handsome private garden shared by all guests and where full breakfast and wine in the afternoon and evening is served. With dozens of eating options within walking distance, there hotel wisely does not offer lunch or dinner...excellent multi-lingual staff on call 24/7...Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel...this is a GREAT option for a true BA experience, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business