“Best tango ever”

and up
Buenos Aires Dinner and Tango Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since 1867 this big old house has been established in the historic center of the City. In 1920 it was founded as a bar and then, in 1992 restored; it is now considered by the Museum of the City of Buenos Aires as a “Living Evidence of the Civic Memory” and as a “Place of Tourist Interest” by the National Tourist Secretary.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is much more than a show, it is a Histiry Tango Class, beggining in th early 1900, tells us the true story of tango, and why it have to be sucessfull in Paris before it did in Buenos Aires, thanks to Gardel.The food is also good, buy togheter.

QUERANDI, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Querandi, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your commets, we have the history of tango through the singing and dancing.
We hope to see you again.
Best regards,

Milena Scarcella

There are newer reviews for El Querandi

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I were in BA, and felt that we needed to see a tango show. This really is not our style (we dislike Broadway musicals), but thought that, as a tourist here, this was something to see. I did a bunch of looking into various shows, including Rojo Tango and La Ventana (and about 50 others), and somehow decided to buy tickets here. The decision was a bit random. Felt like I didn't want to pay $250 plus per ticket for Rojo, and also didn't want to be in a giant theater like environment. All that said, I have seen only this tango show, which I am giving a top rating.

I bought tickets through BA Tour Guide. A bit freaked out, b/c we bought tickets day of, paid through paypal with a draw from my bank account. But all was well. Tickets came through fine, and BA Tour Guide answered all my questions promptly.

We went to the show in a taxi. We were staying in Palermo, and there were no hotel pickups.

The dinner was good. This is the equivalent in the US of a fancy convention type dinner -- all the reviews of all the tango places criticize the meal. My take? The meal was fine. Nothing super, but was definitely not terrible. I was happy with it, and we eat at good places in DC and NYC. We did not come for the meal.

The show? That's what we came for. There were about 25 tables. We got the VIP, and I think it was worth it for the view. One fundamental issue with the theatre is that there is a pillar in the middle of the stage. The performer work with it, but this was the only downside to my mind.

There are four musicians (bass, piano, accordion, violin). Excellent. Six dancers (three men, three women). Three singers. The band was amazing, and the dancers were too. The singers were good, but I wasn't as into them. The show captured our attention the whole time. The "feel" of the place was a bit like a jazz club, with an elevated stage. The band was on stage the whole time, and the performers walked onto the stage from the audience. There was a tasteful and well-done video from time to time. The performance was split into three genres -- early days, the "heyday" (from 1930s to 1955), and modern (1955 on). Most of the show was in the "heyday."

We enjoyed the whole show, and I think we are pretty particular. I was worried this place would be too touristy. You know what? It was touristy, but still preserved this beautiful art form, with amazing dancers and musicians. I can't compare it to other venues, but I don't think you will find this cheesy or a rip-off (my main worries).

2  Thank Buben

Thank you very much for your comments, we will consider your suggestion.
We hope yo see you again.

Kind regards,

MIlena Scarcella

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Didn't have much expectations for the Tango&Diner session ...
Just a must, when one is at Buenos Aires . But ...

SURPRISE !

I had the superb opportunity to enjoy a stupendous show about the history of the Tango , with superior coreography and excelent "bailarinos" and virtuous "bailarinas" , who gave dinamic and life to the splendid songs , lirycs and voices by a superior groud of 3 male voices plus a stupendous lady singer !

Other than this I can say diner was average, they do not serve good beers (By the way : I reccomend "Berlina" and the black "Antares" , so well savoured a couple of days later at El Calafate) . And the photo by the "residente photographist" was less inferior to those of my own .

Overall opinion : Do not loose the Tango Show !

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your opinion.
We hope to see you again in your next travel.

Best Regards,

Milena Scarcella

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Buenos Aires is a great place to visit and dinner and the tango show was wonderful....excellent food and the show was absolutely beautiful....the dancers were so great! Loved the atmosphere, the service and the food!

1  Thank Kburris910
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really enjoyed the intimacy of this Dinner Show. The food was very good and the dancers and singers were really enjoyable. Nos pasamos muy bien!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction