725 Continental Hotel
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$136
  • Breakfast included
Awwa Suites & Spa(Buenos Aires)
$89
  • Pool
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$159
$105
$130
$107
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$396
$309
  • Pool
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$332
$244
  • Restaurant
Hotel Madero(Buenos Aires)
$194
  • Pool
Circus Hostel & Hotel(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscasa rosadarooftop poolhop on hop off busnice hotel in a good locationwood floorsbreakfast restaurantcabana las lilasjuan pablodowntown hotelcentre of buenos airesflorida streetstar hotelbusiness centerlounge chairssmall poolupgraded to a suitesan telmo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very good choice. Rooms are modern, spacious, good mattress. The douche is very relaxing with a good flow of water! Breakfast is very complete: fruits, cereals, yogurts, different types of breads (try the medialunas), ham, cheese, fresh omelet, juices, coffee, cakes, etc. Staff very helpful and nice. This hotel is very well located. It is 2 blocks far from Florida Avenue and 4 blocks from Corrientes and 9 de Julio (obelisk). There is a subway line in the avenue. You can walk 15 to 20 minutes to Puerto Madero. The internet worked all the time in a very reasonable speed. This hotel is highly recommended!
I would just recommend the owner to put more light in the bathroom and one in the closet. Also, it would be very good if the shower area was closed to avoid spilling water in the bathroom floor.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room far from the elevator because it makes a sound every time it reaches the floor!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a thoroughly 'old world' and atmospheric hotel in the centre of Buenos Aires - very close to the pink palace, the main square and the obelisk in the other direction. Close to the major shopping and financial areas and close to many good restaurants
The rooms are comfortable, clean and modern with a touch of the old Belle Époque
The staff are helpful and quietly there when required
Our washing was done on the same day and was well prepared
The food in all the restaurants and bars was of a high quality
We loved staying here

Room Tip: The corner or diagonal rooms have a wonderful city view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Buenos Aires is going through a tough economic time, as is all of Argentina. You can see this on the streets with waste dumped everywhere, which reminds me of Naples in my home country. The side walks are full of holes and the walls are covered in graffiti and posters protesting about something. In fact the square in front of the symbolic Casa Rosada, home of the President near the hotel, was always full of protestors.
The hotel is fine, clean, decent rooms, very slow wifi sadly for me as a business user, good breakfast and fast room service. Take a back room because those on the main road are noisy. But as others have said, the area is not so good and the whole city feels delapidated. I had no problems at all, but I was being cautious in everything I did. You have the feeling here that the whole system is about to collapse. Not the hotel's fault at all of course.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice. Rooms are modern and clean. They have wifi available. We were very happy with the hotel although it is in a pretty down market area. It felt pretty unsafe after dark. Recoleta is a much nicer area to stay in.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just stayed here last week. It was my second time in two years. The quality of the hotel has literally gone down the toilet on so many important levels and the area has gotten extremely dangerous.

As a great example, my iPhone was grabbed out of my hands as I stood outside on it two feet away from the lobby by a man speeding by on his bike riding on the sidewalk in broad daylight!! The hotel workers were of no help to me and gave me an attitude like I should have known better than to be outside on my phone!! I had no idea BA had gotten this dangerous in only a year since I'd last been there. I made a police report and gave them the hotel address and number as my contact information. I asked the concierge if they could take any messages I may receive regarding my phone or if I may call them to check in after I've checked out of the hotel and they flat out REFUSED to help me in any way whatsoever after I've left the hotel. When I asked "Andres" at the front desk if I could speak to the manager, he became very mean and rude to me and told me there was no manager there!!

The rooms are mediocre and there are only the bare minimum amenities like soap, shampoo, lotion, toilet paper and some bath towels. Know in advance there is NO TISSUE so you'll have to blow your nose on their sandpaper toilet paper and also, its B.Y.O. IRON and IRONING BOARD and WASH CLOTHS too. Also, my A/C was not working and it was hot and humid in my room during the day and so warm it was hard to sleep. I could adjust the temperature on the thermostat, but it didn't make any difference. The hotel insisted the A/C was working fine but I wouldn't be surprised if the entire hotel was being controlled by one thermostat which wasn't mine!!

I work with a lot of A-List entertainers and travel a lot. Many times my job requires me to choose hotels for our groups of up to 150 people to stay in and I have many friends who do the same with other artists. I will see to it that they all read my review of this horrible place and choose any hotel other than the 725 Continental Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business