“Overnight stay left me interested”

Hollywood Suites & Lofts
Ranked #295 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Iowa
“Overnight stay left me interested”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Because I had an overnight layover in Buenos Aires, I asked my company's travel agency to find me something reasonably priced with a shuttle service available. They came back with the Hollywood Suites & Lofts, citing that it was not a shuttle bus, but the hotel would arrange a driver to meet me for 120 ARS (roughly 25 USD). Happy enough, I said book it.

I arrived on Saturday night about 9:45 pm. There are two locations about a block apart from each other, and my driver took me to the wrong one first. Reception - which looked more like a security doorman at a nice condo building in any big city - directed us to the right location. The taxi said cash only, exact change required. Check-in was extremely smooth, and reception spoke excellent English, which was ideal in light of my stunted Spanish. He provided a number of suggestions for food around the building and offered to arrange a delivery if I preferred.

The room was stunning - a two story loft, almost exactly as pictured, with a full kitchenette and a balcony overlooking the city. The bed occupied most of the floor space in the bedroom loft area, with the bathroom next to it with toilet, bidet, and shower/bath. I was on the 7th floor and noticed some noise when I had the balcony open, but nothing significant with it closed.

I walked around the neighborhood trying to pick some dinner - there is an Irish pub across the corner which smelled delicious, as well as an Italian/corner bistro a block further up. Unfortunately, none of them would take my American credit card. Eventually i found "Kentucky", a pizza shop about two blocks to the left and one block up and got three slices. It was delicious!

Back in the room, I ate and watched some TV on the large flat screen with the balcony open, fresh air and the sounds of the city waving in. I slept amazingly.

I would be very pleased to stay here again - for a night or for a longer trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not sure if its just me, but for what I paid I consider accomodations to be top notch. I believe ive stayed in some pretty nice places before but never my own loft.

Price for quality is amazing
Designated wifi on every floor
Rooftop pool and jacuzzi with amazing views

It felt more like having your own apartment than actually staying at a hotel. The staff seem a bit more relaxed but i'm not fussy and dont care about being pampered or attended to every second. They were all helpful when they needed to be. Coming from Rio i spent nearly three times what i did here on a hotel there and in turn got about 100 square foot box with no space. This is definately a deal!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Matthew C
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel apartments with spacious living area. Very friendly and helpful staff. Lots of restaurants and mini-markets within a few minutes walk from the hotel. Can be a little noisy if you get a room facing the nearby railway. Kitchen facilities OK, but don't expect to be able to prepare a fancy three course menu. Microwave, stove and oven, coffee machine, fridge and freezer.
They have another place on Humboldt which I will try next time. This hotel is recommendable if you are fed up with hotel food and want to prepare you own light meals once in a while. TV channels could improve with a couple of international news channels. Some movie channels in english are available. Nice balcony with table and chairs and sunny (at least in room 18A). Laundromat in the basement and just call the reception for an iron and ironingboard. If you do not have too sensitive ears you can easily live with the noise level which is actually nothing different from most other big cities, and in return you get all the great nightlife just outside the door!
In general a hotel I would definitely consider next time I am in BA.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel is located on a shady street in Palermo Hollywood, about a 10 minute walk from the D line subway (Subte). The loft was very comfortable, and included a nice balcony.
The hotel has recently changed breakfast providers, and on our first day, we went searching for breakfast at the roof level pool. We thought we had missed it, because of our late start. Only later did we learn that breakfast was served in the book store/art gallery/restaurant next door (with access through the lobby). The breakfast buffet was outstanding. Though there is no menu and they were not set out, we were able to order eggs.
The concierge services were outstanding. The man who handled the afternoon/evening shift was particularly helpful, doing Internet searches and making restaurant and other reservations for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

An excellent choice for those who want to be centrally located in high style. Palermo is one of Buenos Aries best neighborhoods and staying at Hollywood Suites was like having your own fabulous big city loft in the heart of it all. Full kitchen was nice to have, but honestly there are so many fantastic restaurants nearby that it would be silly to cook at home while on vacation, but having the option is nice. The rooftop pool is gorgeous, offering stunning panoramic views of the city.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Hollywood Suites and Lofts. Our room, a loft, was perfect for our group of three girls. On the first day, we explored the city and then spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool with a bottle of Torrontes that was in the fridge. The hotel is located in a cute little area of Palermo and there were lots of charming restaurants around it. The breakfast each morning was very nice- the staff was incredibly helpful as well! All in all, we loved the views from our balcony and from their rooftop pool!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HollywoodSuites, Gerente at Hollywood Suites & Lofts, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your review. We are very glad to know you had a wonderful time at Hollywood Suites & Lofts.
We hope to see you soon again,
Regards,
Hollywood Suites & Lofts Team.
Toronto, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm staying with my family and lastnight was terrible, they had a party until 5 am. I contacted the staff and they didn't answer my first 16 calls, when I could speak to them they were nasty and rude. Nobody here could sleep. We are moving to another hotel in the city to stay the remaining 3 days.

Room Tip: When you can't sleep all the rest become worse and worse.