Because I had an overnight layover in Buenos Aires, I asked my company's travel agency to find me something reasonably priced with a shuttle service available. They came back with the Hollywood Suites & Lofts, citing that it was not a shuttle bus, but the hotel would arrange a driver to meet me for 120 ARS (roughly 25 USD). Happy enough, I said book it.
I arrived on Saturday night about 9:45 pm. There are two locations about a block apart from each other, and my driver took me to the wrong one first. Reception - which looked more like a security doorman at a nice condo building in any big city - directed us to the right location. The taxi said cash only, exact change required. Check-in was extremely smooth, and reception spoke excellent English, which was ideal in light of my stunted Spanish. He provided a number of suggestions for food around the building and offered to arrange a delivery if I preferred.
The room was stunning - a two story loft, almost exactly as pictured, with a full kitchenette and a balcony overlooking the city. The bed occupied most of the floor space in the bedroom loft area, with the bathroom next to it with toilet, bidet, and shower/bath. I was on the 7th floor and noticed some noise when I had the balcony open, but nothing significant with it closed.
I walked around the neighborhood trying to pick some dinner - there is an Irish pub across the corner which smelled delicious, as well as an Italian/corner bistro a block further up. Unfortunately, none of them would take my American credit card. Eventually i found "Kentucky", a pizza shop about two blocks to the left and one block up and got three slices. It was delicious!
Back in the room, I ate and watched some TV on the large flat screen with the balcony open, fresh air and the sounds of the city waving in. I slept amazingly.
I would be very pleased to stay here again - for a night or for a longer trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, spacious (60 m2) lofts, furnished with designer furniture, all modern conveniences, lots of light. Large flat screen TV/DVD, full a/c, fully equipped kitchen. WIFI in the building. Large balcony with every loft. Rooftop sun terrace, pool and jacuzzi. Sauna and gym, massage and concierge services. Home away from home with breakfast served to your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Prestigia, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Suites & Lofts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Suites & Lofts Hotel Buenos Aires
- Hollywood Suites And Lofts
- Hollywood Hotel Buenos Aires
- Hollywood Hotel Lofts