Mine Hotel Boutique
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$104
$78
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$364
$350
$689
$535
$136
  • Restaurant
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$328
$220
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$279
$205
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
$501
$465
  • Pool
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$245
$158
$139
$134
Official Site
2,050 results
All reviewspalermo sohosmall poolrestaurants and shopsthe hotel staffrestaurant recommendationsgreat areafront desk staffour honeymoonsmall hotelfantastic locationdinner reservationsloved this hotelsuperior roomwould highly recommend this hoteltango showtrip to buenos airessafe area
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at the Mine for 3 days and failed to see why this hotel is in the top 10 in Buenos Aires! While it is true, the service was very friendly and incredibly helpful. The lobby and breakfast area are nicely kept and decorated. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the rooms tidy as well. Breakfasts were sufficient with many choices including fresh ala carte omelettes.

The problem, the rooms and bathrooms are so incredibly dated. The porcelain around the tub was chipped, the toilet seats are coming apart and thus cleanliness was a bit questionable? The size of the bathroom was so tiny, you couldn't get dressed in there! No countertops to put your clothes in nor hooks to hang. Difficult room/bathroom to share if you aren't intimate with your roomie! Oh and yes the green tile needs some serious grout cleaning! A bit of a disappointment, when you select a hotel this highly ranked and come up with a less than perfect little hotel. Interestingly enough we spent a few more nights at El Conquistador Hotel near the incredible shopping area Florida Street in downtown BA. This other hotel is ranked in the hundreds but was much nicer than the Mine and better located as well. I have relied on Trip Advisor rankings over the years and this is a true first that I have been let down by previous reviews.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank gmw0713
Marcelodemine, Gerente at Mine Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for choosing Mine Hotel for your stay in Buenos Aires and for both reports, every guest feedback is really useful. I am so upset to know we couldn´t reach your expectations.
Mine Hotel is a Boutique Hotel and our main goal is to offer an outstanding experience on a small hotel to our guests, reaching high standards of service and quality.
Our Hotel is small and we offer services according to it. To avoid raising false expectations all our services and accommodations area described on our webpage. For us is really important to show a real overview of the property before the arrival.

We have been qualified by our guests on Tripadvisor most of them highlight our service and attention and in general they mention that, despite is a small hotel they loved it.

We understand this TA qualification is because we exceed most of the expectations and not because we are the best hotel in town. I understand this recognition could create deceptions on future guests, like in your case, expecting services and a style that we are not offering and I am upset for this.

Regarding some of your comments I would like to let you know that:

- We specially take care about maintenance so I checked in person the bathroom tiles after your report. Consider gresites are irregular small tiles so I can imagine you considered something was not perfect because of that.
- The Hotel is non smoking. Guests can smoke in the garden or outside in the courtyard. I am really sorry you didn´t let us know about this inconvenience during your stay so we can control any person smoking near your room. Is the first time we received a comment regarding this so I will consider it now.

I am really sorry you had a bad experience. Even we try, is not possible to like everybody, it must be a different hotel to each different person. Thank you for your comments. I will continue working on improving our service to reach excellence and to avoid this situations.

Kind regards,

Angela Schmiegelow

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Arrival: exceptionally friendly, pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable staff. The hotel is in a great position, safe, quiet but within easy walking distance of restaurants, bars and shops, all with character. ATM's are nearby.
Our room was delightful, a large comfortable bed, nicely decorated and lit well to read by.
Breakfasts were wonderful, juice of the day, freshly cooked hot dishes and really tasty breads, pastries and jam. The room overlooked a lovely outside space with a small pool and plants (too cold for use in July!). There was a nice comfortable seating area and plenty of choice of drinks.
Access to the city is via taxi or metro. We were glad to return at the end of the day, the area felt very comfortable.
Two of us stayed here, my husband and myself, I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone looking for a special, non corporate place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Buenos Aires is spread out, so good locations are ones that are within good neighborhoods and have easy access to the reset of the city. This neighborhood, Palermo SoHo, has great restaurants and interesting homes and shops. Really interesting at night. No part of BA is more than a short cab ride and the cabs are cheap. As most of the other reviews of this property indicate, the staff is incredibly helpful. While I was there, they were all young, in their mid to late 20's. Their English was good to excellent. They knew the answers to all my questions and were eager to book anything we asked. The rooms were not fancy, but comfortable and clean. The common areas were contemporarily designed, and felt upscale. Breakfast was free and good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Gatorhoo
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I picked the Mine Hotel due to the high ratings on Trip Advisor. We love boutique hotels, and we enjoy getting off of the beaten path.

The Mine hotel is located in the Palermo Soho region. The area is great for walking around and for cafes, but it is not near any of the tourist sites or inexpensive shopping areas. It is okay for a romantic weekend or get away, but the location is a problem for more extended stays or if one wants to experience Buenos Aires culture and life.

POSITIVES:
The hotel staff is wonderful, and they all go beyond what is expected to provide a good experience. Upon checking in, we were given a mini tour of Buenos Aires by map to ensure that we knew the safe and unsafe areas. The café staff was very attentive, and the breakfast was outstanding with fresh juice and omelets. In the evening, small snacks are available for purchase, and coffee can be purchased most of the day.

NEGATIVES:
The room was extremely ordinary, and the bathroom was below the standard of most hotels. The biggest problem, however, was that the room was extremely hot even though the heat was turned off. The room would cool down when the windows were open, but the staff frequently smoked cigarettes just below our window (room 102). This occurred every night, and it made it impossible to comfortably sleep. Our room chronically also chronically smelled like an ashtray.

OVERALL:
The hotel is okay for a romantic weekend, but it is not one of the best hotels in Buenos Aires like the Trip Advisor rankings suggest. There are much better hotels for the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MDDad

Regarding some of your comments I would like to let you know that:

Kind regards,

Angela Schmiegelow

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The lovely front desk were very helpful in booking restaurants and giving local advice, and always greeted guests warmly. The rooms are nice, the location is perfect, but it all really came down to the staff. They were all super nice. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: #301 had a nice view of some neighbour's rooftop garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends