“A Wonderful Time”

Mine Hotel Boutique
Ranked #6 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This was our second trip to the Mine, and it was just as good, if not better than the first. Excellent, friendly service. Great location. Attractively priced. Rooms are good size, and have flat screen TV's and DVD players.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrJoelB
Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)

Reviewed July 8, 2008

Mine Hotel treats every customer like a celebrity. I was just there and cannot say enough good things about this hotel and the staff there. Angela, the manager, was very sweet and helpful. My situation became a little complicated due to the vagaries of Aerolineas (terrible airline do not use them if possible) and the staff at Mine were fabulous about getting me another room when I had to cancel my trip to Iguacu Falls. Staff during the day and night were equally helpful in giving maps and directions on where to go and how to get there. Unfortunately, I am terrible with names, but Carla (in the restaurant) and Claudio are the two names that I am able to remember. It is difficult to put into words how extremely helpful the staff at this hotel were to all of the guests. The hotel is in a pretty good location. Buenos Aires is a big city, there is construction going on, sometimes starting early in the morning. If you get a room facing the street, and you are a light sleeper, you may want to consider bringing some earplugs so that traffic noise won't bother you. Most people will get used to it, but if you think it will bother you, then you can ask them to move you and I think they would do it if it were possible.

I was in BA for a conference. Everyday when I went down for breakfast, the choices were quite good. They will make eggs, omelets pretty standard breakfast fare. Coffee, juice, diet coke, etc. If you stay there, you will be welcomed every day and every evening whenever you come in. I have absolutely no complaints!

I would not consider staying anywhere else in BA.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank liv2travl
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We spent a week at the Mine Hotel in the middle of June. I had read all previous reviews and was expecting a pretty good experience since the majority of the reviews are positive.

The Positives:

The hotel is beautiful and unique. The beds are AMAZING. The down comforters are unbelievable, and something I'm not used to seeing in hotels. We ate dinner one night at the hotel restaurant, and the food was actually really good and not too expensive.

The Negatives:

We arrived very early in the morning before check in so our room wasn't ready. When I asked for suggestions of some place to go for something to eat, or something to do to kill time, the staff told me that I was welcome to sit on the couch. I ended up trying to ask the question a few different ways, and they just didn't seem to offer anything better than a seat on the couch. We ended up sitting on the couch for 7 hours until our room was ready. Everytime I asked if there was something we could do in the meantime the receptionist looked at me like I was speaking a different language. The walls are definitely paper thin. I am a deep sleeper, and I was woken up to the sounds of people walking down the hallways, door shutting, and the sound like someone was talking in my ear while I was sleeping (it was the people in the room next to us). I read that the staff was friendly and helpful.. although I felt like they are snobby and a bit rude. There was one member who actually smiled, I believe his name is Claudio. My only problem with Claudio is that he made dinner reservations for us at La Caballeriza, which is 6 blocks away from the hotel, and then recommended we walk there because it was close and safe. We ended up getting mugged at knifepoint, so I didn't appreciate very much. I didn't even bother telling the hotel staff what happened because by the time we came back they had switched shifts and they didn't even acknowledge us when we walked in the door. I don't think they would have understood me, or much less have done anything about it. I figured the best thing I could do was post in the trip advisor forum as a warning, which I did immediately.

Overall, with a more respectful and knowledgeable staff, this hotel would be much better.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
12  Thank pancan5457
Reviewed June 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Mine Hotel in May for 3 days and again in June for 2 days during our 15 week stay in South America.We loved the hotel. The decor is very impressive, rooms are extremely clean and the hotel is located in a fantastic location . Most important is the wonderful , friendly , helpful and professional staff. They are truly exceptional especially Nadia and Claudio. We would highly recommend this hotel to any visitor to the wonderful city of Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retiredCanada
Reviewed June 21, 2008

This is a perfect hotel for a couple. Very well located in Palermo Soho, sourrond by lots of shops.
The service is great and the lobby people very attentive. I went with my wife for our first visit to Buenos Aires and it was a great time.
Very good restaurants and wine.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mfaco
Reviewed June 18, 2008

My girfriend and I had a great stay at Mine Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helped us in everything we needed. Location is great too, with nice bars, restaurants and shops nearby _also, taxis in Buenos Aires are very cheap, and you can easily go from the hotel to anywhere in town.

Not exactly a con, but I felt that the room we stayed _the so called superior room_ was a little overpriced. The room isn't much bigger than the others and the only differences are the jacuzzi and the big screen tv. I guess you can save some money staying in the cheaper rooms and still have a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank neyhc
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Great location, stylish decor, comfortable rooms. Slightly disappointed with the welcome on arrival - efficient but not the friendliest I have ever experienced.

Some lovely touches though, weather forecast put on your pillow at night time for the next day and a news round up from your home country pushed under your door in the morning.

I was very disappointed with breakfast on our first day though. Maybe the waitress was having a bad day but the croissants were stale, no clean glasses or plates were available, coffee had run out, she didn`t lay a table for us and was grumpy when I asked for things to be replenished. She also watched another guest eat her croissant with no plate rather than getting on for her.

A shame really becuase the hotel is really well designed and is in a fabulous loaction in a great area with tonnes of restaurants and shops on the doorstep so i would recommend people to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2008