“A must go place in Puerto Madero” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabana Las Lilas

Cabana Las Lilas
Ranked #75 of 4,663 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Puerto Madero
“A must go place in Puerto Madero”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

this place has one of the best services in Buenos Aires the food is very good please, is my favorite so far.

• Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
calgary
“AC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

What a disappointment this place was. Do yourself a favour and don't go.
It came recommended by a friend and the trip advisor ratings seemed pretty good, but they were way off the mark.
Upon arrival, they started loading our table up with appetizers and bread which we had no interest in and knew not to touch as they charge you for this if you eat it even though you didn't ask for it (including the dinner rolls). We've seen this in restaurants in Spain in the past. I asked them to take it all away, to which they didn't and then they had the nerve to bill is for it all.
The food itself was unimpressive to say the least. Portions were good but the steak was rubbery even though it was cooked medium rare.
They also tried to bill us for premium water even though we asked for tap water, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on language barrier on this one.
There are lots of choices out there in this price range that are leaps and bounds better. Don't waste your time.

3 Thank Ac2115
“Great place - can get better steak but atmosphere is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant came recommended by many - a mere mention of BA led to people telling me I had to visit and it did not disappoint. It is good value - price on food is higher than other places but the 'free' entree you get is huge - ham, pastes, mozzarella, so much bread, salmon plus another 3/4 tasters. So menu price is higher but you certainly still get value in this place.
I went for the Kobe. I had to. It was excellent - my first Kobe. Im not sure Kobe is 3 x as good as other cuts (but 3 x the price) but if, like me, you have always wanted to try it I would recommend this restaurant as it is still much cheaper than London and cooked just perfectly.
I visited twice - Service is good, food is good. A busy buzzy restaurant.

Dallas, Texas
“Old school service and steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

One of the finest steak restaurants in BA located in Puerto Madero area- the old Naval yard. I have had many meals here while in business in Argentina and recently took my wife with me. We had a nice evening allowing us to sit outside (not cold) and it was great. The service, the food the ambience was all perfect. This is not a place my wife will forget. Do order the provoleta. It comes out sizzling hot and great for spreading on the homemade bread.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great meal, great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our concierge recommended that we visit Cabana las Lilas for a late lunch - since it is on the water, he said we'd enjoy the view much more than if we went in the evening. It was a great suggestion. Prior to eating, we had the opportunity to walk along Puerto Madera. The waterfront is much more developed than it was when I last visited BA and is lined with offices, restaurants, high-rises and hotels.

Our lunch was delicious and, like most parillas in BA, was quite large! As we sat down, we were served a tray of extensive appetizers and a waitress with a bread basket was continually serving each table - and at least one of the breads was being made in the main dining room as it was being served. The menu was extensive with more beef choices than we'd seen in other restaurants. We ordered the filet and the asado to split - much preferring the filet, but both were quite good and cooked perfectly. The wine list was also, as anticipated, quite nice. Service was good, the atmosphere and décor unique - the kitchen is open and you are able to watch the steaks as they are grilled, and the restaurant even provides wifi, should you need it.

If you enjoy beef and wine, this is a good choice for you!!

• Visited June 2014