“Old school service and steak”
Review of Cabana Las Lilas

Cabana Las Lilas
Ranked #71 of 5,046 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Puerto Madero
Description: Cabaña Las Lilas, located in the heart of Puerto Madero, is a restaurant that combines the tradition of Argentinean meat with Brazilian warmth and hospitality. The venue was established in 1995 in a joint venture between Belarmino Fernández Iglesias, owner of the well-known restaurant chain Rubaiyat in São Paulo, and Estancias y Cabaña Las Lilas S.A., a 4th generation family business specializing in the breeding of the best livestock in Argentina and the Americas. The selection of the best raw material, together with an impeccable service, has turned Cabaña Las Lilas into a world-class restaurant visited by the most demanding gastronomes. The prestigious American newspaper “The New York Times” has even named it as one of the 10 best restaurants worldwide. Distinguished continuously since 2007 with the wine spectator award.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

One of the finest steak restaurants in BA located in Puerto Madero area- the old Naval yard. I have had many meals here while in business in Argentina and recently took my wife with me. We had a nice evening allowing us to sit outside (not cold) and it was great. The service, the food the ambience was all perfect. This is not a place my wife will forget. Do order the provoleta. It comes out sizzling hot and great for spreading on the homemade bread.

There are newer reviews for Cabana Las Lilas

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our concierge recommended that we visit Cabana las Lilas for a late lunch - since it is on the water, he said we'd enjoy the view much more than if we went in the evening. It was a great suggestion. Prior to eating, we had the opportunity to walk along Puerto Madera. The waterfront is much more developed than it was when I last visited BA and is lined with offices, restaurants, high-rises and hotels.

Our lunch was delicious and, like most parillas in BA, was quite large! As we sat down, we were served a tray of extensive appetizers and a waitress with a bread basket was continually serving each table - and at least one of the breads was being made in the main dining room as it was being served. The menu was extensive with more beef choices than we'd seen in other restaurants. We ordered the filet and the asado to split - much preferring the filet, but both were quite good and cooked perfectly. The wine list was also, as anticipated, quite nice. Service was good, the atmosphere and décor unique - the kitchen is open and you are able to watch the steaks as they are grilled, and the restaurant even provides wifi, should you need it.

If you enjoy beef and wine, this is a good choice for you!!

2  Thank SeeingTheWordFromORD
Reviewed June 12, 2014

While on a business trip to Buenos Aires, I stumbled upon this restaurant soon after checking into my hotel.
While I was here for 7 days, I eat here 4 times!! You will never come out hungry, this was one of the biggest and best steaks I've ever had.
I've recommended this restaurant to anyone I knew heading to Buenos Aires and no one has ever been disappointed.
I would love to be back there!!

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Had our last meal in BA here with another couple and were very pleased with the choice!
We all had a different salad to start and found them to be delicious.
The steaks were perfectly prepared and the sides were lovely. Nice that they offered a 1/2 portion option for those of us who didn't feel up to eating 1/2 lb of meat!
The wine list was good, offering many choices at competitive prices.
Service was fine, although there seemed to be a rush to fill our wine glasses, perhaps to encourage us to order another bottle.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Ordered a "muy bueno" Malbec from the Patagonia which was amazing. They brought a spread of appetizers that we originally thought was free but we realized that we were charged when we saw the bill. We inquired about it and they took it out of the bill right away, no questions asked. The food was excellent, we ordered the lomo fino and the entranas and shared white rice. I didn't give it a 5 because the rice was not the best, other than that everything was excellent to include the homemade bread.