“Place for locals”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Description: It was established in 2002 with a clear concept of Parrilla-Cantina, the best home cooking from Buenos Aires with a great taste. There was not another place with such proposal. The gratitude of the people was evident and definitive. It is de kind of reliable restaurant. It never fails, a real solution when is time to choose a good place to eat out. It is a good, modern, warm and lovely environment, open to the public, wide spectrum. It is a familiar place, for medium or big friend tables, couples and lonely clients. The cutlery is constantly rotating thanks to an instructed and oiled service. La Dorita announces. People call more people. They already know what they are going to look for, the best meat, made with great care. It is presented stylishly and without pretentious, the dishes of red-hot iron leaned on planks, land over the table offering a warm moment,whetting your appetite. The portions are abundant. The detail of the color is the typical penguins and a bottle where the wine comes from wineries of first quality, served from barrels in full view of everyone. The home-made desserts are the perfect close of the service, dynamic and kind. La Dorita offers a good relation between quality-price and that is how, the restaurant gaing fidelity with the reliable clients. These characteristics become this restaurant into a place where you can go daily. The client is satisfied. La Dorita is the best option to eat well every day.
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Not the best ambience and food, but a non touristic place with good variety and a safe choice between so many tourist trap in Palermo.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've been to this Parrilla twice and was very pleased both times. The atmosphere is average but the food is good. I had "Pollo a la Parilla" with grilled vegetables and it was delicious. The service was also great at this restaurant and the food came out pretty quickly. The last time I went to La Dorita I went with a friend and our bill came to about 180.00 pesos - certainly not cheap but neither was it expensive for Buenos Aires standards. I definitely recommend!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went for lunch last Sunday as Federer and Murray were playing at Wimbledon. I saw the Amex sign on the door,and as this restaurant is just yards away from upmarket "Patio Bullrich" I assumed that they accepted credit cards.
We were recovering from a heavy night so we didn't order wine from their good wine list, we ordered pasta that was well cooked. However it was quite cold in Buenos Aires but even so they didn't bother to warm the plates. That to me is a reason to lower the overall score.
What really wound me up was that when I went to pay the waiter announced that they took no international credit or debit cards. I queried this with the manager who told me that "we don't have the technology" to process this type of payment.
This beggars belief in this day and age. So tourist BEWARE, unless you have a credit or debit card issued by a local bank cash is the only alternative.
Having paid about $ARS 300 for pasta and water I left without tipping. It's a pity as the place is full of well heeled locals who meet the restaurant's rather strange requirement.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

The food and service was great. Value for money and would recommend to others. Sausage charizo very good

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our B&B hosts recommended this Parrillla for our final night in BA. This was an excellent choice. Steak was tender with a nice beef flavor. Service efficient and helpful. Be sure to ask for the chimichurri sauce, as it was not automatically served. It was a busy restaurant with mostly locals...usually a good sign. Definitely would return on future BA visits.

1  Thank JimyDavid_8