“Fun crowd”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun crowd”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Food was good, wine was good, the show was good, the people were great! had fun with it. I dont speak spanish, so I really appreciated the efforts that were made to keep involved.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riverside, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great show, get rid of owner of Señor Tango”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Wonderful show, but sooooooooooo long!!! Señor Tango, which seems to own this place, thinks this is all about him, and make you wonder for about 1 hour what are you doing there, since for that period there is no tango, but this guy making fun at anyone on his visual field. He was picking on a lady that had never been married and had no kids, and kept on insisting "why? why? feel so sorry for you!" Do not waste your money on the VIP exclusive 2nd floor room- $1200 per person, it's not a better view than the more economical main floor ( and better view too) Keep in mind that with the exorbitant price, tips are not included, and you can only give in cash!

Detroit, Michigan
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 303 helpful votes
“Decent food, good show, a bit cheesy at times”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Good tourist place, although the location was in a sketchy looking area. We were with locals, and there is valet parking, so I did not worry, but some might. You can order one of three entrees - I chose the steak which was a bit overcooked, so order down one level (i.e. I which I would have ordered medium rare instead of medium).

The show was good, but about 20 minutes too long. The dancers were great, although the number with the girls in g-string bustiers and thigh high leather leggings bordered on raunchy. I am used to Latin American "exposure" - so that was not the issue. I think it was that the show was no longer about dance/art- just about provocation. I also did not like even the suggestion of violence against women (acting out the slapping around stuff). The lead male singer (a stand-in) was a good singer. At the end, the "gero-band" came out - which was a nice gesture to acknowledge the contributions that these older gentleman made to the art of Tango music - but it would have been better to have seen them on the front end instead of the semi-closing act. By midnight, most folks in our group needed dancer stimulation, not a tribute to the 1960's. With that said, I really think the appreciation was warranted - my suggestion is just to put it earlier in the show.

They closed with the Don't Cry for me Argentina" song - which was over acted and a bit cheesy. The Argentinians in the group said they just put it in there to make the tourists happy. I thought it was cheesy - between that and the gero-band at the end, I felt like I was at a Wayne Newton show in Las Vegas. Ewwwww.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Should go smewhere else”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

What a was te of my time.... The music was so loud hat we had to cover our ears,unbearable.
Althought i must complimente dancers, they were wonderful and very talented. The BIG mistake was the man who sang, i guess hé is Senior Tango. Great voice but then he started to talk and talk and talk to the crowd for at least an hour; it was past midnight and I was there to see Tango not open discussion especialy when you do not speake spanish. I think Senior Tango was very full of himself. I recommander that yougo to Piazzolla Tango instead and you Will fond great professionalism.

Visited November 2012
Sao Luis, MA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Too touristy”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

It was expensive and not really impressive. everything there is extremely expensive in a unecessary way. I bought my ticket online, when I got there they wanted to change me again. I payed 50 pesos only for a water. The show didnt touch me at all besides for the end. So... whatever,

Visited October 2012