“Friendly and warm”

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Retiro
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a nice dinner for two in December, after reading about it in guidebooks and here. It was small and intimate, the food was very good, the service was good too. We spent time chatting with two portenos next to us for part of the evening and they gave us suggestions for tango shows and lessons.
There are so many good restaurants in BA it is overwhelming - I would either seek out places not far from your hotel or pick a hotel in the neighborhood where you want to eat (e.g. Palermo) , otherwise you'll spend a lot of time in cabs...

Date of visit: December 2012

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is definitely worth writing home about! We loved the laid back but cozy and warm atmosphere. The food was simply amazing. My husband had the ojo de bife and we can honestly say it was one of the best steaks we have ever tasted. I had the sorrientinos (fried pasta stuffed with cheese and ham) with a mushroom cream sauce. It was deliciously rich so much so that, even with my apetite, I could only eat about half. Everything was done with flair, originality, and attention to detail. The service was friendly and fast. Awesome place all around.

Date of visit: January 2013
1  Thank AnnaFrancisco
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went through this street to see the architecture and I discovered this gem of a restaurant. I loved the atmosphere and food! It was love at first sight automatically! Bruillant a little but the food is worth it. I will return soon.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Sat down and just enjoyed a glass of Malbec by myself. Food was fantastic, although I only tried the Ojo de Bife. Waitress was nice enough, but not over the top.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Based on tripadvisor reviews and other recommendation mentioned on other websites. We were curious. We did not make a reservation since I cannot speak Spanish and we just wanted to give it a try. Once there, we were asked to wait for 20 minutes before we could get a table. So we sit at the bar and had a couple drinks. After an hour or so we asked when were to be seated and within the next 15 minutes we had a table. The staff is kind and the place is nice to drink, chat and eat. What reminded me was the fact that it was packed with locals, so its a good atmosphere to be amongst the local people. Food was good too.

Date of visit: January 2013