“Amusing epithets with sexual innuendo abound in this charming bar restaurant close to The Eva Peron museum and next to the zoo”
Review of Guido's Bar D.O.C.

Guido's Bar D.O.C.
Ranked #570 of 5,240 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Lovely leafy pavement area outside quirky restaurant. My chum and I just wanted a glass of refreshing wine but we looked at the menu for a possible revisit
Guido himself was there and introduced himself. Jolly chap.

2  Thank Furrytowers

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Once again I went to Guidos Bar for their complete meal deal. It had been a long time since I was there and I wanted to see if anything had changed. Sitting outside on the patio it was a warm evening with a slight breeze. The food was exceptional and the courses just kept coming. Starting with cold antipasto, then hot antipasto, then a pasta dish, then a risotto, followed by pork in a tarragon cream sauce with French fries and ending with a plate of four different desserts. Accompanied by a great bottle of Argentine Malbec, it was a perfect dinner for two and only ARS$500 pesos in total. This is great value for good Italian home made cooking. I was pleased that nothing has changed here and my Canadian friend thought it was a perfect dinner.

1  Thank TravellerRoy
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We heard this place was legit from a friend who lived in BA for 4 months. He couldn't be more wrong. The pasta was store bought Barilla and cold. Horrible. I could make better pasta in my sleep and I can buy pasta and canned sauce at the store. Do not go! We got charged 400 Pesos for maybe the worst meal I've ever paid for. This place is a joke

3  Thank Rtpeterson2
Reviewed October 16, 2013

do not miss this atypical Italian restaurant in Buenos aires. it is worth going and the final food-price balance will be much better than other restaurants in Buenos aires. all the pasta were exquisite.

1  Thank sergelegabriele
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Guido's Bar is a very interesting culinary experience as they serve you the food they prepared that day and you can choose to eat it or wait for the next dish. I have been in a couple of places like this in Rome, Italy, and it works exactly the same way: they prepare food, they bring it to the table, you eat it or refuse it, and at some point after dessert you get the count without knowing how it was calculated but it is never expensive.
What matters though is that the food is delicious, different combinations of antipasto, different types of pasta and a nice mix of desserts.
I have been coming to this restaurant for several years and the quality has not decreased a bit. The service is also great, this time we didn't like the wine we were offered and they just switched the bottle to another one we liked a lot.
Great food, great experience and nice atmosphere!