“FIRST CLASS BARBECUE”

El Mirasol de la Recova
Ranked #57 of 4,793 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Retiro
Buenos Aires
“FIRST CLASS BARBECUE”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

After a very bad experience at Elena, the top restaurant of the Four Seasons Hotel in Buenos Aires, we ended up at El Mirasol, where we enjoyed a meal based on first class beef accompanied by a very good Malbec wine, and a very cozy and friendly service from the head waiter and the food and wine waiters.

Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Palmyra, Wisconsin
“Delicious beef”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Delicious yummy nice atmosphere good wine. We ordered too much food but everything was very good. Waiters were friendly not great with English but passable. Service was good by South American standards, we enjoyed ourselves and especially the food here. I had a sirloin cooked as I asked, ordered 2 servings of mashed potatoes & 2 heaping plates came out more than enough for 8 of us. Delicious avocado in a big bowl mozzarella tomato salads were good and empanadas were tasty. One of the best meals we had in Argentinia.

1 Thank 59galtraveler
Berkeley, California
“Excellent Beef and Service”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The beef was excellent. We had a sirloin perfectly cooked and very tasty. The french fries were too big though. Maybe we did not chose the right one. Service and wine were good. Good value. Ambience was OK. I would definitely come back when I am in Buenos Aires again

Stockholm, Sweden
“Pricy and booring”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel told us about this place. We were not at all happy about it. The place was packed with older tourists, no local people at all. Meat was ok but sallads tasteless and did not look fresh.. Very expensive too!! There are SO many other great places to eat in BA, don't go here!!

3 Thank sydneyemma13
Singapore
“Very classic restaurant”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Having just arrived in Buenos Aires and wanting a late lunch, I find out from my concierge El Mirasol is only 15 minutes from my hotel so naturally I make a beeline for this place. It's an odd location under the freeway. That sounds dodgy but really isn't, and there are several other high end places on the same stretch. It seems like a classic, old-school place that knows what it's doing and does it so well. At 5:30 it is open although not very crowded obviously. I am welcomed to a table and when I put my bag on the chair next to mine a waiter immediately brings a cloth to cover it to protect it from the food smells. I order the ribeye (400 gm for about AR$155) and a side of skinny fries. I get the complimentary glass of champagne and spinach starter. Both are excellent but the star is the beef. So simply cooked yet so delicious, the perfect medium (seared on the outside but still pink and tender inside) and I put it all away! Could not finish the fries excellent though they were. There is a nice salsa on the table for the fries, the meat does not really need it. Menu is in English. Sadly no wines by the glass although the wine list does have some half bottles. There is a $20 service charge but I have to add a tip for such polished service. By Singaporean standards the price is very reasonable, for such excellent beef.

1 Thank BornVivant