“Barcelona in Buenos Aires”
Review of tancat

tancat
Ranked #88 of 5,192 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Retiro
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Tapas style resto with a fun engaging atmosphere. Sitting at the bar gives the best feel for the space. Most of the dishes are quite good, but does make it easy to spend more than you were thinking...

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I stumbled across this place one afternoon and we did not regret it! Having dined at some great tapas restaurants in the past we had our reservations, but after being seated at the bar (restaurant was FULL and we had not made a reservation) what we experienced was great! Our Spanish is poor, but between us and the waiter we muddled through, ordering Spanish omelette (utterly delish), chorizo, ham and cheese plate, patatas bravas and garlic mushrooms (very salty but also delicious). It was all really tasty, and washed down with a glass of gorgeous Malbec made for a great lunch. Only downside was the wait for coffee afterwards! We intend to return before we leave!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We loved Tancat. Great food and great service even though they spoke very little English. Very quaint and charming. We ordered amazing tapas that were generous in size. We did order a tapas that we didn't like and they replaced it without us even asking. When we when back a few days later, the waiter remembered us.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A decent restaurant in Buenos Aires down town. Had prosciutto and cheese as starter, a glass of white wine and risotto with calamari and shrimp. Well cooked. I recommend a visit. By the way, I spent USD40 by myself.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love Tancat , the first time I entered was by just good luck, after that each time I visit Bs.As. I go to Tancat. The atmosphere is a pleasure everybody is crowded in a way they don´t bother the rest. We had a rissotto nero with portobello, gambas and chipirones (baby squids) and a Valencia rice. The dessert was a quince paste over port salut cheese, a trouvaille !! Don´t miss this place. We pais u$ 60 or $ argentinian 300.-