“Lots of risottos that all looked the same”
Review of tancat

tancat
Ranked #90 of 5,047 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Retiro
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Good ambience obviously by popular (we got in at 8 and easily got a table but 20mins later there were lines queuing down the street). My companions ordered some of the risottos specials which sounded quite different but looked and tasted the same. I had garlic prawns which were just that, prawns with nothing floating in ?oil. Nice enough but nothing to write hole about.

There are newer reviews for tancat

Reviewed September 17, 2012

good dinner, no complaints. Excellent tortilla, average apetizers.
not cheap considering we didnpt order main courses

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Fantastic atmosphere and food, and really lovely waiting staff.Had a variety of different smoked ham starters , fish dishes and shellfish-scrumptious!Great wine list - Malbec in particular is excellent- and desserts are homemade delicious - I liked the crema catalana in particular!
By our standards, prices were cheap for 3 courses each plus good wine -about €60 all in.

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I go very often with clients. They all and up loving it. Octupus a la gallega is the best cochillo al horno is a must

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The reason I don't give it full marks is because of the space of the venue. Tables are a bit crammed together. We had grilled sole with a nice Chardonney. The fish was cooked to perfection, a rarity in Buenos Aires a city renowned for its steaks.
They serve rice pudding as dessert, one of my favourites, with a pinch of cinnamon.
We're planning to go there again. I'll report on a second visit shortly, so watch this space.