“Excellent restaurant”
Review of Santos Manjares

Santos Manjares
Ranked #16 of 7,139 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Neighborhood: El Centro (Downtown)
Neighborhood: El Centro (Downtown)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent service, very good meat dishes and very good for vegetrian dishes also. We liked this restaurant very much.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,426)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was on a business trip and solo so was looking for a place to eat where I wouldn't feel like the one standing out being alone at the table. Saw some pictures of this place and it looked nice having lots of small table seats available.
When I arrived I got a single table on the top floor with a nice view over the whole restaurant.

I arrived around 19:45 and the place was packed and it stayed like that till I left at around 21:30.

The food is simple and just great. Nothing to say about it other than that it was perfect for me. Had a T-Bone steak with Papas Rustica (baked potatoes with the "skin" still on it) and I enjoyed it to the last potato :)

The meat was really tender and they took the Bone already off, so no waste at all. It was nicely grilled with very little and exactly enough spices.

The service was great and they have about 5 or 6 staff walking around and all of them just gave me a little attention not to be overwhelming but just enough to make me feel comfortable and able to ask for something if I wanted to. They spoke perfect English but I did my best to reply everything in Spanish. I must have the "I am a foreigner" sign on my forehead :)

The Espresso was good too. Not the best I ever had but for sure good enough for a restaurant like this.

And the bill. Around $750 Argentinan Peso and that is about €12,50 or $13,50 USD.
Seriously! For a great Steak, 2 x 500CC Beers and an Espresso! That is seriously cheap for a seriously great meal!!!!

I would visit this place if you want to have a great, simple steak!

1  Thank LittleBoeddha
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good meal,
A really good restaurant with quite simple room that surprise you with nice food and good wines with very affordable prices. The beef was superb.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived to Buenos Aires today, exhausted after a 14 hours long flight which was also 2 hours delayed.
Steak at Santos Manjares brought me back to life!:-) I just wandered in because it was the first place near my hotel that served food, it did not look fancy from outside, I discovered though it was full of locals. I was so warmly welcomed by a super friendly team, they were amazing from the moment I arrived till the moment I left, so attentive and friendly but also fast.
I am not a big meat eater but this steak was gone from my plate way to quickly, this is the best piece of meat I had in my life.
If you are not looking for fine dining but want an authentic local place with that serves perfect steaks - go no further! This is your destination.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've been to a lot of nice parrillas in Buen9s Aires and this one has to be up there with the best due to it's simplicity and great quality, inexpensive food, served with a smile.
There aren't too many meats on the menu, but the ones they do have are delicious and cooked exactly how you want them, while the salads and other side dishes were great too.
I'd definitely visit this place again.