“Nice bar”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Nice bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

We went to Gran Bar Danzon after dinner for drink. Very cosy place. If you want to enjoy a few drinks before going out, a nice place to stop by.

1 Thank Daverbey

Solothurn, Switzerland
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“worst service I've experienced in BA!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

I booked a table for 4 in January . The place was nice and the food very good, but something went really, REALLY wrong with the service.

It started out ok, the waitress smiled as she brought us the menus and we ordered drinks. Then we ordered our food, which was tasty and well presented. We were recommended a "desgustacion", or sample dish of all desserts they had (which was also very good), but ridicoulosly took 50 minutes to arrive. If we would have been informed upon ordering about this, it would have been ok, but we weren't. Ater more than 45 minutes waiting, and when I went personally to the bar and said that if the dessert didn't come right then we didn't want it, they brought it to our table.

We didn't have a Buenos Aires mobile phone and wanted to call the hotel to ask them to send the car to pick us up later, since the dessert was taking so long, so one of us asked to please use a phone. Their answer was "is it VERY urgent?"....and when told "yes", they left to "conference" with someone else, I believe with the person in charge of the place. To make a long story short, they didn't let us make a call, and our taxi came and had to wait for us almost 1 1/2 hours.
Furthermore, when we ordered dessert we also ordered coffee and were asked if we wanted to have both at the same time, to which we answered yes. Needless to say, the coffee didn't arrive until 20 minutes after we had finished the degustacion and were waiting for the check.

I understand that something like this could (though it never did before) happen. But the attitude of the staff (both, waitress and person in charge) was completely unapologetic and very arrogant. I don't really know what went wrong. The food was good, but in a place like Buenos Aires, where there are MANY good restaurants, is the service that makes the difference. It's the first time ever that I didn't leave a tip. I really felt they didnt' deserve a penny. I cannot recommend this place to anybody, though their food is good and drinks better, their rude attitude isn't something I would put up with again. There are many other restaurants in BA with efficient and friendly staff that know how to treat customers.

5 Thank CC7Bern