“maybe the food is good but beware of your belongings!”
Review of La Parolaccia

La Parolaccia
Ranked #75 of 5,336 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Puerto Madero
Reviewed January 19, 2013

In our second visit to this restaurant we were elated, only a few more hours to take our flight to another country in South America we chose La Paroloccia to say goodbye to Buenos Aires....that is where our nightmare began...I had my bag with all our passports resting on the table with my ipad in it...e few minutes before I had taken it out to call on Skype...a waiter comes and tells me to remove the bag from the table so he could put a dish with cookies...I hang the bag on the back of the chair...the other waiter with the bill came, I took my credit card out and that was the last time I saw my bag with all our passports....We panicked with asked everybody around us if they had seen anything....nothing....we were told that they are small gypsy children that come yo steal...we were crushed...the manager Christian Lopez said that they had a video of the whole thing....my wife was in tears ...I was desperate...all our credit cards everything was gone...then a few days later...the truth came out...an employee of the place had taken my bag and hidden it in the restaurant...the local police showed previous knowledge of this,,,,the manager so sympathetic before refused to show us the video saying it was private and belong to the restaurant...we have now realized that some of the people that work there do this on regular basis,,,we spent 22 days in Buenos Aires virtually trapped ina place with no money or credit cards...in our last visit ( of many) the owner was obvious to say that we should not come back there anymore...the food was good though...but if you feel you cannot be robbed inside the dining room, you are wrong.

2  Thank waldemarf107
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good food at reasonable prices. The menu is not fancy, however the food is really tasty. For whatever reason they always make you wait 2-5 minutes in the small lobby, even if the restaurant is empty. Is definitely a good option is you are looking for a break from Argentinan stake houses.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We ordered carpaccio of beef and a mixed starter. Plenty of food but too much olive oil for my taste. As main course I tried the classical spagetti frutta l mare which came in tomato souce. The pasta was al dente, but the presentation was not so good. Tasted ok, but the sea fooded was over cooked. We had excellent wine for 45 peso per glass. All in all an average ialian meal

1  Thank Frank L
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Arriving late on December 31 we found all Puerto Madero restaurants with a pre fixe new years eve menu, even tho most places had some empty tables. Not even allowed a drink at any of the bars without doing the entire menu. Ok, fair enough. So we decide to do Italian and the $125 per person festive dinner at 11 pm. Maybe it was the fact they were crowded but wow did we feel ripped off. I would give it zero stars except for a few redeeming qualities. Of the 3 of us, only one appetizer, the grilled shrimp, was decent, the salmon carpaccio was limp perhaps old and the other was so blah I literally cannot remember it. There was bottomless wine, so we asked for red. I saw more then one kind available but we got merlot delivered. It was so so and we asked for a different variety. Our waiter made the 'you are such an [--]' face, then after 10 minutes brought us some cab, which was fine. The bread was served with nothing, then 15 minutes later arrived a dish of sour cream and chives-for the bread. Our friend dining with us is Sardinian, I said must be an Italian specialty? She said nope, and asked for butter 5 times over 20 minutes and it was not until the head waiter came and asked us to pay in advance (including the propina which was not included) that he asked a fourth person to bring us butter.. We got two steaks and both were flavorful yes but almost impossible to cut due to their texture and the fact we had only what I would call serrated butter knives. So, meal gets a C- and at that cost really an F. But at midnight they passed out party favors, some serious music started blasting, the fireworks hit and all hell ensued with dancing and good times. So we had a nice new years eve, but with surly waiters and weak food won't be back. Oh, and our Italian friend said that parolaccia in Italian is a filthy word that she wouldn't repeat, so she was certainly curious as to why they would use that name. Memorable but for the wrong reasons..

1  Thank PebbleBeacher
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is like, you are welcome everytime.
You will find italian food and the atmosphere is very nice and well decorated.
The restaurants are well located in the most influent neighborhoods of the city as well in the province (North Zone)

1  Thank RICKBSAS