“Great Food, Great Price”
Review of Don Ernesto

Don Ernesto
Ranked #272 of 4,847 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Telmo
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food, Great Price”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is brilliant. The first place I ate during my stay in San Telmo, BA, Argentina. The servers didn't speak English well so I asked him to bring me anything. He brought me a steak argentine-style (medium well) with a beaten squash side and a glass of malbec. I'm a vegetarian... but when in Rome. Let me tell you, pre-veg I've had me fair share of steaks and this was the best one I've ever tasted! The service was fast and friendly. I ate here again twice after my initial visit and had chicken and potatoes in a garlic cream sauce (another surprise order). Delicious!

If you want traditional Argentine steak in a fine dining setting for a causual dining price... this is your spot. Go before the lunch rush (before 2:00) and you can get great pricing.

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Austin, Texas
“best beef in arg”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stumbled on Don Ernesto while we were visiting the San Telmo fair and had a great steak at the restaurant. The skirt steak that we shared was cooked perfectly and was sooo flavorful.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Oscar D
Leverett, Massachusetts
“Simple and good.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This isn't the place for your big night out in BA. This is a simple neighborhood joint for simple food at reasonable prices. The entire walls are covered with thousands of signatures and grafitti so you know you're not in for elegant dining. However, who can argue with a nice big cold cheap beer, an excellent schnitzel, decent rib eye, and a huge fresh salad shared with my wife. So, got a bunch of nights in the city, don't want to leave San Telmo, want a simple meal - you'll be happy here.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jeffmcqueen
Johannesburg, South Africa
“I would go again”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Found this place amongst the many restaurants in San Telmo. We wanted a steak house and ordered the Beef de Lomo. ( Fillet ) The steak arrived cooked as requested. The meat was tender. My only gripe is that the portions were big. The French Fries were excellent. We had good service and a friendly waiter who assisted. It was not over priced. In addition had a salad to start which was fresh. I would certain have the beef again.

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to go on a Monday because nothing else is open!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff were very nice and welcoming. The food is not terrible but nothing to get too excited about. We ended up there because we had no other choices around our hotel on a Monday night. The food was adequate but there are better places to eat in BA.

• Visited December 2012