“Great Swedish food and helpful waitresses in a cool vibe”
Review of Olsen - CLOSED

Olsen
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Delicious drinks and great Swedish food without even a hint of Ikea. The bread was - unusually - bagels- but the rest if the food was spot on Scandinavian. I had the fabulous salmon which came with amazing dill flavoured potatoes. I was glad I ordered a side salad rather that the waitresses' suggestion of more crispy potatoes. My husband had a steak which while small by BA standards was incredibly delicious. Helpful staff who could deal with complete inability to speak Spanish. Great people watching - we were near tables of glamorous portenos.
The restaurant has a great vibe and a lovely outside area.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Olsend has great food, amazing ambiance! It was just a perfect experience! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that visits Buenos Aires,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful autumn Saturday lunch in the restaurant's patio garden. Best to make a reservation. We arrived early, chose a table outside on the deck and a few minutes later all tables were occupied with couples, group of friends, families with children (and a couple of pets), both local and tourists.
The setting and atmosphere is wonderful. All servers were friendly, knowledgeable on the menu, and ingredients, willing to offer suggestions and accomodate needs.
For starters a selection of bagels in lieu of the traditional bread basket. The lunch menu offers a choice of appetizers, a "lunch specials/prix fixe menu": choice of soup or salad, three or four entrees and salad or potatoes (papas rotas) and a selection of desserts.
Our choice: a tasting table of canapes (five pairs) featuring salmon, shrimp on potato salad, beef tartar, pear, beef. Followed by carrot and ginger soup, papas rotas and blackened salmon in one case and squash lasagna in the other. Desserts: red berries crumble and a rich, decadent, chocolate lava cake with dulce de leche filling.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Me and my boyfriend decided to go to Olsen after a frustrated visit to Cabrera Grill. As soon as we entered in the restaurant a blase hostess came and, although there were many empty tables, said we had to wait. This situation wasn't new for us in Buenos Aires, so we decided to stay. They had different combos to choose from. My course was bratwurst, Russian salad and olsen potatoes. My boyfriend asked for a pastrami sandwich. Reading so many good reviews of this restaurant my only doubt is where is Scandinavia in this menu, since it looked more like a German restaurant. One or two options of smoked salmon dishes aren't enough in my opinion to make it a Swedish/Norge restaurant. Food was ok but not spectacular as many people say. The architecture, with a lot of wood and nice design was the best part.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Location is nice! Ambience is trendy and cozy. Crowd is very cool. Menu is nice, food is tasteful and it looks different for South Americans. The best thing for me was the vodka tasting, I recommend choosing the set of five different drinks made of vodka.