“Yes Yes to Yira Yira”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
Yira Yira Guest House
Ranked #63 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Yes Yes to Yira Yira”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This B&B is located 5-10 minutes away from the center of Recoleta. It is reasonably priced and clean with high ceilinged rooms and comfortable beds. Paz was so flexible in working with us as our plans changed a couple of times during our visit with our daughter who was studying abroad in Buenos Aires. One evening, my wife and I and our daughter were making brownies in Paz's kitchen and she joined us and it felt very homey. Do not pay big dollars for area hotels with Paz' 2nd floor apartment-style B&B. Her patience and knowledge of the area were invaluable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lindaandjim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Willemstad, Curacao
Reviewed September 3, 2011

we loved every minute of our time with the guesthouse owner, Paz, and in her beautiful home. rooms are stunning and the location is unbeatable. she makes incredible coffee at breakfast and spending time in the living room talking, with wine, in the evenings at yira yira were some of our favorite memories of our trip. Paz is an excellent resource for whatever you are looking for in buenos aires.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I stayed with Pax for 2 nights on my way back to Canada, having stayed for a week in late November before. I had a fantastic time at her place, very relaxing with good breakfasts. Pax was very helpful, and for me her place was ideally situated for all my excursion seeing the sites on foot and being in a residential neighbourhood but quite close to commercial places, downtown areas and parks.
Loved the high ceilings in the rooms, fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning and sometimes sharing some wine with her in the evening and swapping stories on her patio. It was a stay at a cherished friends place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I will say that Paz the owner is a real gem. She is very helpful and keeps the place very clean. Breakfast is simple consisting baked rolls with 4 types of jams/jelly, some fresh squeezed orange juice...usually made while you watch and good strong coffee if you want or if you like milk in your coffee she warms it before adding. Nice little touches by Paz!

If you are a light sleeper be sure to ask for the one room off the street. The traffic noise is the only downside to this place but it is in the middle of a busy city. Otherwise it is top notch guest house and to us was a good value for the central location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoneTree_Colorado
Montreal
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I visited BA this october and stayed at Yira Yira for 8 nights. The house is so incredibly well situated, you are walking distance to every part of the city. This without being in a touristy hotel zone. Paz the owner is super helpfull in getting you organised and planning your days. The home is a century old home with beatifull wood floors, brick ceilings and decorated with many local artists paintings. It has a welcoming homy feeling to it.
Paz, the owner serves the best breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast. When I came home (cause it felt like home to me) at the end of sometimes a very long day, Paz and I would talk with a glass of wine on the terrace.
For the price you pay, the location, the lovely space, the breakfast and the friendly owner, this place is a steal. I am a travel agent and have seen many places in my life and Yira Yira by far exceeded my expectations.

I couldnt help but read the previous review and feel like Yira Yira and it's owner Paz has been wrongly critiqued. The review doesn't fit at all with the exprerience I had. It is extreme in oposition to what I have seen and makes no sense to me.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We spent 10 days at Yira Yira house, which was 6 more than we intended.
The location is great, as it is walking distance from the city centre, the cemetary and every shop you'd need. It is literally right next to Subway, and a laundromat is on the same block.
Paz the owner greeted us and was the most amazing host. She speaks english well, for those non-spanish speakers like us. She has maps and pointed us in the right direction to attractions and local restaurants. She makes breakfast at whatever time you need. You get a variety basket of bread rolls, jams, caramel, cream cheese, butter, tea/coffee, and freshly squeezed orange juice (made by Paz herself). She was even more awesome after a huge mixup with our flights and visas, so she let us stay for 6 more days until we sorted everything out!
The room we stayed in was the triple share. It was spacious, with heaps of floorspace and cupboard space, 3 single beds, table and chairs, bedside tables, and lamps. Our room was roadside but the noise wasn't too bad. In the apartment, there also is a lounge room with a dvd collection to watch on rainy days, fast wifi everywhere, outdoor patio for the smokers/drinkers and 2 bathrooms. There was plenty of hot water for showering, although you have to squeegie the floor after you shower! The house gets cleaned daily.
We had a great time here. It is definitely value for money. You pay a minimal extra to get towels and bath mats if you need them. All in all, it was our home away from home, and we thank Paz for it all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed at the Yira Yira in January while visiting BA. I wish I had paid more attention to the reviews before I booked a room here... This is not like a B&B experience, its definitely like staying at a friends house if your friend was a well intentioned but mildly hot-headed person with no personal boundaries. One day the owner, Paz, would be really friendly and nice, and the next day just rude. We were two friends travelling together who definitely like to see the sights and check out bars and restaurants. We're not drunken party animals, but in BA, you're out until midnight just eating dinner. Since this is Paz' home, she doesnt (or reluctantly) give keys to guests who are heading out for the night. She asks you if you're coming home late or early and then accordingly decides if you get keys or not. Seriously. We met up with a friend in BA who was staying in a hostel and having a miserable experience in the shared dorm rooms. He came to the Yira Yira to have a glass of wine with us before heading out and Paz told him that if he wanted to, he could sleep on the third bed in our room. Which was really nice of her, except the next day she seemed to have forgotten offering that, and once he left she FLIPPED OUT and yelled at us about having our friend stay over. Then when we went into the kitchen to eat, there was no food. She told us that she had the maid put the food away because it was so late. It was probably 10:30am. Oh, and did I mention we were the ONLY people staying there? The way she spoke to us was wildly inappropriate- we are adults, and paying guests. I am sad to write this review, especially because I want to support a small business owner, but I'm not quite sure that she is fit for the hospitality business. Making guests feel so uncomfortable that they cry and want to leave immediately, is unacceptable.

Buenos Aires is a very affordable city, and for what we paid to stay there, in retrospect, we could have/should have stayed in at a B&B or boutique hotel. The location is fine/central. The rooms facing the street are REALLY loud, but clean. Also you have to take a massive squeegee and clean the bathroom after each shower. One cool thing is the patio- we got a bottle of wine, some bread and cheese and other snacks one evening to sit out there eating and enjoying the weather in between rain storms and that was pretty nice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends