“Great!”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Neighborhood: Palermo
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Menu with several options for all palates. Excellent quality of service and the dishes. Environment with typical decoration of the region and culture.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I arrived at the restaurant around 8pm. I was the second person to get into this place. I ordered an hamburger number 2 of menu. It was quite expansive for the composition but it is ok. First thing was: I didn’t request the cubierto as they say. I told guy that I didn’t ordered that and he left all the entree on my table. Then, the hamburger came just meat and cheese. It didn’t come with onions, bacon and arugula. I called the waiter and explained to him about the mistake. They took over more half hour to get the new one done. It wasn’t taste at all. Then, I requested bill for over half hour but they just didn’t bring it. Then I went until the balcony and I laid there directly to manager. I encouraged myself to left a tip which I shouldn’t. But that is ok. When you try this one look all restaurants around this one and try to figure why all of them have lines to get it while this one is totally empty.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed February 21, 2018

We wanted something simple close to our hotel on the first night, plus there were massive queues at Don Julio at 8pm on a Monday. La Popular had a “grill for two” that we were planning on two of, but the waiter advised that it was really big enough for 4 people, and he was right - a big pile of somewhat stringy lamb, great pork and chicken, some sausages, some blood sausage and offal. One person got a steak that was pretty good and very large. Even the veggie plate was good. The staff are a bit slow and kept forgetting things but were very friendly.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018

We had quite a good meal with wine at reasonable prices. When the bill came, they tried to charge us for the use of "cutlery" (about 78 pesos!), which presumably included our cutlery, use of olive oil and salad dressing. We objected, and even though the charge was not monumental, it was a huge surprise!. This was the first time in our long lives, frequenting restaurants all over the world, that we had encountered such a charge. Ridiculous! We won't be back and do not recommend supporting such rip-off merchants.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 26, 2017

I like this place its casual and good to watch the world go by.it has a small selection of beer and wine and also some great grilled food.
staff are friendly and the place has a good down home feel

Date of visit: November 2017